Week 12 2022: Heroes and Goats

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
You just don’t see eventually HOF great QBs get slagged from so many different angles… former teammates, up and down the media… his own FO putting in contract clauses that question his prep and embarass the hell out of him.
Aaron Rodgers has been ripped by former teammates as difficult to get along with

Russel Wilson has been criticized

the diff is: Rodgers and Wilson played at a high level, so nobody cared

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
“I’ve been around K1,” Peterson said, according to CBS. “He’s a competitor ... And I feel like, no disrespect to the Arizona Cardinals, I feel like they don’t put the team in a position to be successful year after year after year. And Kyler Murray’s not gonna sit around and wait for that.”

This is from April. Doesn't sound like he is describing someone who only cares about themselves.

Patrick is all over the place. The COD miming in the end zone was also weak. I can't wait for him to get burned repeatedly on a national stage in the playoffs.
This seems to mirror Peterson's other comments. Kyler will not feel boldened to the Cardinals franchise. If he feels they are holding him back, he will bail.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is pure hindsight though on Simmons. Many here wanted him and even those that didn't were pretty happy with the pick.
Many people also wanted Lamb. Many others wanted Wirfs. Many wanted any OT. It's not hindsight. Some just had better foresight in regards to team building, our DC, and what helps a young QB more.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Many people also wanted Lamb. Many others wanted Wirfs. Many wanted any OT. It's not hindsight. Some just had better foresight in regards to team building, our DC, and what helps a young QB more.

I was not for him. I wanted Wirfs.

At the same time I don't think many people complained and everyone seemed to be pretty excited at the pick.

I don't blame Keim for the pick. I blame vance for the coaching. Keim is just providing the clay.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I was not for him. I wanted Wirfs.

At the same time I don't think many people complained and everyone seemed to be pretty excited at the pick.

I don't blame Keim for the pick. I blame vance for the coaching. Keim is just providing the clay.
Most everyone is pretty excited about every pick. People thought that Zaven Collins would be defensive rookie of the year. We're fans, that's what we do.

FWIW, I think it's okay to give Keim and the staff some slack for the 2020 draft. COVID Draft conducted in lockdown after the Combine couldn't have been easy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This part is wrong. If Wirfs turned out like Levi Brown and Simmons turned out like Ray Lewis, the pick would've been a home run. All talent being equal, a LT is much more valuable than an ILBer, but it is dependent on talent, not on position.

That said, talent has spoken, and we should've taken Wirfs instead. That part is hindsight.

Our DC and what helps a young QB more is accurate.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This part is wrong. If Wirfs turned out like Levi Brown and Simmons turned out like Ray Lewis, the pick would've been a home run. All talent being equal, a LT is much more valuable than an ILBer, but it is dependent on talent, not on position.

That said, talent has spoken, and we should've taken Wirfs instead. That part is hindsight.

I don't know how many times this needs to be clarified. People on this board thought Wirfs was as talented if not more talented than Simmons. I was in that group and I was not alone. Also, people thought that the other tackles were close to being as talented as Wirfs. So, the argument was never to take a tackle just to take a tackle. The argument that I and I feel others made was that Wirfs was at least as talented as Simmons, he was not a system risk like Simmons, he helped Kyler more, and his position came with more value.

That is foresight.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't know how many times this needs to be clarified. People on this board thought Wirfs was as talented if not more talented than Simmons. I was in that group and I was not alone. Also, people thought that the other tackles were close to being as talented as Wirfs. So, the argument was never to take a tackle just to take a tackle. The argument that I and I feel others made was that Wirfs was at least as talented as Simmons, he was not a system risk like Simmons, he helped Kyler more, and his position came with more value.

That is foresight.
That is foresight, absolutely. You get all the credit in the world because you made a call and the call was right. Your quote referenced foresight in team building and not the specific player. As you're on record that you never, ever draft a certain position over another--which I very much disagree with--I simply clarified. It's all good.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yeah, well, Wirfs is a right tackle.