Week 10 Cardinals Off-season: 03/13/2023-03/19/2023

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it. It actually means right now that DT is a much bigger need.
That assumes either one of those guys is actually good enough to hold down those spots full time.

The biggest need is someone who can make the most impact anywhere on the Line. Having those two guys simply just planted in there and saying DT is a bigger need is EXACTLY the type of thinking that’s gonna lead to us trading out of the best pass rusher in the draft because we have warm unproven cheap bodies we can pencil in at those positions for no other reason than they exist on the roster.

Don’t start beating that drum, Krang. You’re smarter than that. Those two guys simply existing on the roster don’t mean ANYTHING as far as what the biggest need on the D-line is. They have not proven anything enough to just be ceded those positions without trying to upgrade in a major way when possible… like with the 3rd pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That assumes either one of those guys is actually good enough to hold down those spots full time.

The biggest need is someone who can make the most impact anywhere on the Line. Having those two guys simply just planted in there and saying DT is a bigger need is EXACTLY the type of thinking that’s gonna lead to us trading out of the best pass rusher in the draft because we have warm unproven cheap bodies we can pencil in at those positions for no other reason than they exist on the roster.

Don’t start beating that drum, Krang. You’re smarter than that. Those two guys simply existing on the roster don’t mean ANYTHING as far as what the biggest need on the D-line is. They have not proven anything enough to just be ceded those positions without trying to upgrade in a major way when possible… like with the 3rd pick.
When did I say that? I just said the argument could be made. That's what I meant at least.

I'm 100% on the Anderson bus unless a smoking deal comes down the pipe...but that's not happening.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When did I say that? I just said the argument could be made. That's what I meant at least.

I'm 100% on the Anderson bus unless a smoking deal comes down the pipe...but that's not happening.
I don’t think the argument can be made though. That’s an argument that is going to be made when we trade out of 3 and it’s gonna be wrong.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don’t think the argument can be made though. That’s an argument that is going to be made when we trade out of 3 and it’s gonna be wrong.
I think Cam Thomas and Sanders can be decent to good NFL players and I saw nothing last year that proves that notion wrong.

I also think you take Anderson Jr. too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Cam Thomas and Sanders can be decent to good NFL players and I saw nothing last year that proves that notion wrong.
That’s a different argument than an argument saying they make DT biggest need.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I also think you take Anderson Jr. too.
Cam played only 236 snap and had 3 sacks, 3 tfl and 6 QB hits.

Allen played 660 snaps and had 5.5 sacks, 10 tfl and 20 QB hits.

They both had similar stats, based on playing time.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At today we need
3 legit Dt's
2 pass rushers (at least one starter)
2 cbs cb1 and a nickel
And 1 guard, 1 center… ideally a right tackle as well. Can’t believe we will be walking in with the corpse that is Beachum at RT.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And 1 guard, 1 center… ideally a right tackle as well. Can’t believe we will be walking in with the corpse that is Beachum at RT.
Definitely
Lot of holes to fill, we need 6/7 picks in the first three rounds

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That’s a different argument than an argument saying they make DT biggest need.
I think it still is though, but DT isn't as important as Edge.

The Cardinals have below replacement level players at DT. Cam Thomas and Sanders aren't as bad as Lawrence and Fotu, who have no business being in the NFL from what I've seen.

I like Anderson a lot, but he is starting to be a bit overrated on this board. He isn't viewed in the same class as the Bosas were. And I still wouldn't pass on him unless a team is throwing multiple #1s and other picks.