Week 1 Snap counts

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

These are the snap counts for this week. I just like to post these and make some observations.

1 - ILB. Zaven Collins played 34% of defensive snaps. Jordan Hicks 95%. Vallejo got 9% of snaps. Simmons got 91% of snaps.

2 - Hicks tied for the most defensive snaps of any defensive player. It would seem he is still a "starter".

3 - JJ Watt played 72% of defensive snaps. Nice work managing his reps.

4 - Clear DL rotation after that with Zach Allen having the next highest number with 56%.

5 - CB. Murphy 91% Wilson 91% Alford 77%. Alford played more than I thought when watching the game. Wilson clearly the #2 for this week.

6 - Joshua Jones played 81% which is good to see. Winters rotated in but only 13 snaps. they have done this before.

7 - Maxx Williams played 80% of snaps. 80%. As much as AJ Green. Maybe this was because we got the lead but if your TE is going to play 80% of snaps, you might prioritize getting a better one. Daniels played 22%. Demetrius Harris played 33%. More than Rondale.

8 - Rondale Moore played 29% of snaps and felt like way more.

9 - Isabella played 0 offensive snaps and 0 special teams snaps. I didn't check to see if he was active but...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
7 - Maxx Williams played 80% of snaps. 80%. As much as AJ Green. Maybe this was because we got the lead but if your TE is going to play 80% of snaps, you might prioritize getting a better one. Daniels played 22%. Demetrius Harris played 33%. More than Rondale.

9 - Isabella played 0 offensive snaps and 0 special teams snaps. I didn't check to see if he was active but...

Said this in the game thread yesterday. Imagine this offense with good TE's.

Williams is fine as he is a good blocker and occasional pass catcher but Harris and Daniels don't belong. Both had bad penalties yesterday. Neither are great blockers (especially Harris) and other than the INT to Daniels I don't recall a single TE target.

Keim should be looking for a TE.

On Isabella, must be rough getting outsnapped on offense by Watt and Fotu.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Jordan Hicks probably won't always get 95% of the snaps every week, but the reality is he's an above average run stopper in the box and a liability in pass coverage. Against a run-first offense like Tennessee he can be an asset IMO.

This roster has as much depth as any in recent memory outside of cornerback. That is where the Rams are vulnerable. They've got all their chips on their stars, albeit their very, very talented stars.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Said this in the game thread yesterday. Imagine this offense with good TE's.

Williams is fine as he is a good blocker and occasional pass catcher but Harris and Daniels don't belong. Both had bad penalties yesterday. Neither are great blockers (especially Harris) and other than the INT to Daniels I don't recall a single TE target.

Keim should be looking for a TE.

On Isabella, must be rough getting outsnapped on offense by Watt and Fotu.
and a big zero o special teams. Ugh.

re: TE. If Maxx is your #2 over Daniels/Harris and getting around 30% of snaps, it makes a bunch more sense.

AJ Green got paid 6 mil for the same snap% contribution as Maxx who makes 3.2 this year. These are the areas that drive me a bit crazy w/ the Cardinals. It isn't like Kliff isn't using TEs. He is. Arnold played 41% of offensive snaps last year. This isn't a either/or statement as much as it is a "both are needs" statement. 2nd round pick used on a guy who played 29%. 1st round pick played 34%. Street FA Demetrius Harris plays 33%.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jordan Hicks probably won't always get 95% of the snaps every week, but the reality is he's an above average run stopper in the box and a liability in pass coverage. Against a run-first offense like Tennessee he can be an asset IMO.

This roster has as much depth as any in recent memory outside of cornerback. That is where the Rams are vulnerable. They've got all their chips on their stars, albeit there very, very talented stars.
Tannehill threw the ball 35 times and we were up 18 at the half. If there was a time for Collins to get snap experience you would think it would be in a blowout win where the team has to throw the ball which is the advantage he has over Hicks.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Regarding Rondale Moore, Aaron Taylor mentioned during the telecast that he is 'still learning the offense'. I suspect he is on a pitch count that will increase as the season progresses and he gets more familiar with the offense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and a big zero o special teams. Ugh.

re: TE. If Maxx is your #2 over Daniels/Harris and getting around 30% of snaps, it makes a bunch more sense.

AJ Green got paid 6 mil for the same snap% contribution as Maxx who makes 3.2 this year. These are the areas that drive me a bit crazy w/ the Cardinals. It isn't like Kliff isn't using TEs. He is. Arnold played 41% of offensive snaps last year. This isn't a either/or statement as much as it is a "both are needs" statement. 2nd round pick used on a guy who played 29%. 1st round pick played 34%. Street FA Demetrius Harris plays 33%.

Tyler Eifert is still FA. You can't tell me Eifert is worse than Daniels or Harris.

Don't get me wrong, Eifert is no longer great but he can both block and catch and would be a huge upgrade over both TE's not called Williams.

Same goes for Trey Burton.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Regarding Rondale Moore, Aaron Taylor mentioned during the telecast that he is 'still learning the offense'. I suspect he is on a pitch count that will increase as the season progresses and he gets more familiar with the offense.
I am not worried about Moore. His role is a 4 for now and the game script did not lend to him getting a ton of reps late. Kirk looking like he is going to be getting us a nice comp pick.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Tyler Eifert is still FA. You can't tell me Eifert is worse than Daniels or Harris.

Don't get me wrong, Eifert is no longer great but he can both block and catch and would be a huge upgrade over both TE's not called Williams.

I do know that Kliff likes Harris. He has been advocating to get him from KC since last year.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Looked like Kyler and Hop got on him late in the game for not blocking on a screen pass to Edmonds. So that would make sense.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tannehill threw the ball 35 times and we were up 18 at the half. If there was a time for Collins to get snap experience you would think it would be in a blowout win where the team has to throw the ball which is the advantage he has over Hicks.
Absolutely

Collins should have played more to gain experience

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked like Kyler and Hop got on him late in the game for not blocking on a screen pass to Edmonds. So that would make sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Kyler calling him "Deebo" on that play? Seemed like Kyler was yelling Deebo. Would be funny if that's his nickname.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I’ve never agreed more on one of your posts. Don’t get it with the cards and TEs.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw the green dot on his helmet early in the game and knew he would play a ton.

Anybody know the rules on how many players can have the dot?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think it was Marotta - said Hicks had the Green Dot in this game. He's a pro - perfect third wheel for this defense.
This looks (I say looks because we don't have the full inside info) to be one of those situations where the GM says one thing, but the coach says another.

It was a real dumb move for Keim to tell Hicks that he wasn't the starter. The coach determines that, not the GM.