Week 1 FA Arizona Cardinals

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
What the Cardinals have accomplished thus far:

FA Additions:

* LG Mike Iupati (6-5, 331, 27, 6, Idaho) is the Ndamukong Suh of run blockers in the NFL---a 3 time Pro Bowler. Is consider one of the top ten FAs. Some pundits question Iupati's fit in AZ because he has struggled at times in pass protection and BA's offense is typically pass oriented.

However, Iupati's pass protection efficiency was greater when he was blocking for a more traditional pocket passer, and there is no reason why he can't improve his technique and overall effectiveness under the tutelage of Harold Goodwin.

What the addition if Iupati means is that BA is very adamant about improving the Cardinals' running game. He loves, in particular, to be able to close out games on the ground and with a mauler like Iupati those chance just got a heckuva lot greater.

I love this signing because the Cardinals have to play more physical across the board to be able to vie for the NFC West Championship.

* ILB/OLB Sean Weatherspoon (6-2, 224, 27, 6, Missouri) is a gifted playmaker when healthy. The Cardinals are rolling the dice on his talent and leadership with the hope that he puts up big production numbers.

What I love about this signing is how the Cardinals were able to acquire Weatherspoon in light of the fact that new Falcons' head coach Dan Quinn stated publicly that he wanted to build his defense around Weatherspoon, and yet Weatherspoon elected to sign with the Cardinals instead.

The Cardinals need a real leader on defense. Two years ago it was Dansby. Last year it was Larry Foote. Now that Foote has signed as a coach, the intention is to pass the baton to Spoon. And if this relay is successful, hopefully this time around the Cardinals will be able to re-sign one of their one-year wonders to a multi-year deal.

* DT/DE Corey Peters (6-3, 305, 26, 6, Kentucky) is a thick DT with fluid hips who can plug the run and get after the QB. Like Weatherspoon, Peters suffered a torn Achilles. However, his strong play down the stretch last year is an indication that he has already returned to form.

What I love about this signing is Peter's versatility, which allows James Bettcher to use him in a variety of roles with the Cardinals' multiple fronts. Peters can anchor at NT, he can play Dockett's DT position and he can rush the passer from the inside in the specialty packages.

What also is so compelling about Peter's signing is how praising he was of how well the Cardinals recruited him. he fell in love with the Cardinals' administrators and coaches and even took less money to sign here. It is a nice bonus that he and Sean Weatherspoon are very close. They are very aggressive players cut from a very similar cloth.

* OLB LaMarr Woodley (6-2, 265, 30, 9, Michigan) is coming off his worst season as a pro which was ended prematurely by a torn bicep. As a result of the poor season, the injury and questions about his age, the Cardinals were able to acquire Woodley for less than $1M.

What I love about this signing is that the Cardinals have established a precedent for signing veteran players in their 30s to prove it deals and have gotten premium value and comeback of the year type performances. Woodley must be licking his chops because he know that if he can put up good sack and pressure numbers, he can parlay that success into a more lucrative contract.

What is also so compelling about this signing is how instrumental Larry Foote was in recruiting Woodley to AZ. Some people complain about the Cardinals' propensity to sign ex-Steelers, but one of the best signings of all was Larry Foote, who saved the day for the Cardinals at ILB after Dansby departed---and who set the tone for a ferocious defense until he and they wore down late in the season. Best of all, one of things that is regretful about losing Darnell Dockett is that Dock was one of the very few Cardinals who possessed the "beast mode." We saw this past season that Larry Foote has a beast mode switch. And anyone who has followed Woodley's career knows that he has that switch in spades.

* DE Cory Redding (6-4, 318, 34, 13, Texas) is a highly combative and successful defender who can apply good pressure on the QB. He was one of the few Colts who played well on their defense in the playoffs last year, and he is a very good leader of men.

What I love about this signing is that Redding gives Bettcher another versatile piece within the Cardinals' multiple looks and fronts. Redding can rush from the edge in a 4 man rush as well as from the interior. At Redding's age and with the Cardinals' depth at the position, he can be a valuable rotation player and spot starter if need be.

What is also compelling about this signing is BA&SK's commitment to building the leadership of the defense on the field and in the locker room.

* C A.Q. Shipley (6-1, 307, 28, 4, Penn. St.) is a young center who has garnered positive grades as a run blocker during his first few years in the NFL. He was playing well at C for the Colts last year, but was benched after 5 games and apparently demoted to third string. Now, we might not know the reasons why this happened, but you can be sure that BA&SK do. Clearly, whatever happened in Indy last year did not deter BA&SK from recruiting him to AZ.

What I love about this signing is how badly BA and Harold Goodwin have wanted to acquire Shipley since they arrived in AZ. They are very high on him---so high that they elected to release stalwart veteran C Lyle Sendlein in order to free up the staring job and to save cap space. BA&SK have a very high regard for Sendelin and letting Sendlein go was just as hard as letting Darnell Dockett go, maybe even harder because of Sendlein's integrity.

What is also compelling about this signing is how it relates to improving the running game. While I think BA&HG have a high regard for C/G Ted Larsen, especially because he can swing between the positions, I think Shipley is BA&HG's starter at C and Larsen will be given an opportunity to challenge Jonathan Cooper for the RG position, that is, unless Anthony Steen or Earl Watford make a serious charge.

Where The 53 Man Roster Stands at This Point:

QB (3): Palmer, Stanton, Thomas
RB (4): Ellington, Taylor, Williams, Grice/Hughes
TE (4): Carlson, Niklas, Fells, Bolser
OL (9): Veldheer, Iupati, Shipley, Cooper, Massie, Sowell/Bradfield, Larsen, Steen/Watford
WR (5): Fitzgerald, Floyd, John Brown, Jaron Brown, Golden
DT (2): Peters, Ta'amu
DE (5): Campbell, Rucker, Redding, Stinson, Mauro
ILB (4): Weatherspoon, Minter, Carson, Demens (Washington)
OLB (4): Shaughnessy, Okafor, Martin, Woodley
CB (5): Peterson, Powers, Bethel, Carmichael/Whitley, Weaver/Legree
S (5): Johnson, Mathieu, Bucannon, Jefferson, Clemons
ST (3) Zastdul, Leach, Catanzaro

Week 2 FAs Who Could Be Good Fits:

RB Stevan Ridley--- power RB coming off an ACL, but has been very productive and had a 1,200 yard season in 2013.

RB Pierre Thomas---productive as a Saint. All-purpose type.

WR Cecil Shorts---nifty in the slot and as a return man.

WR Donnie Avery---speed WR who had a good year with BA in Indy.

TE James Casey---versatile and talented. Good blocker and receiver.

TE Jermaine Gresham---big blocker, inconsistent receiver.

T Anthony Collins---how about a one year prove it deal with him?

G Justin Blalock---want another mauler at a bargain price?

OLB Osi Umenyiora---situational DE a la John Abraham?

OLB Mathias Kiwanuka---lots of length and athletic ability.

ILB Mason Foster---has speed and decent instincts.

ILB Brandon Spikes---run game stuffer.

CB Perrish Cox---played well in SF last year.

CB Patrick Robinson---has versatility, quick feet.

S Dashon Goldson---has the beast mode switch.

CB/S Bradley Fletcher---can cover TEs! Can play press CB.

Please mention other FAs I haven't mentioned!

What Hasn't Been Accomplished Yet:

* Edge speed---SK still can't seem to draft or sign a speed rusher---
* Physical workhorse type RB---
* More depth at ILB---perhaps Nate Irving will sign?
* CB depth---would seem a FA and a draft pick are needed here
* KO/PR---who will take Ted Ginn Jr.'s place?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
all the players unsigned are not good at all.
about rb ,i would prefer waiting for the draft
nate irving can give us solid depth ad ILB
wizniesky is still a free agent?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ridley or Thomas at RB interest me as does Cox at CB. What I saw from Cox impressed me also.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be very honest, I would still go after Wisniewski. Not sure if he is pricing himself off the market but I would sign him to compete with Cooper at the OG spot opposite Iupati. If he beats out Cooper, Cooper can challenge Shipley for the starting C spot. BA wants competition, no point in giving Cooper the spot by default as he hasn't proved he can lock it down. Worst case is Cooper would be the depth at OC & OG if he can't beat out either. If Cooper beats out Wis at OG then Shipley & Wis compete for the C spot.

Is there something going on with Ben Tate, there really hasn't been much info about him making visits or garnering interest, he would be a nice pick up that should come cheap.

DL Red Bryant would be a nice pick up but ARZ already signed Redding.

I wonder if Irving failed his physical as he has reportedly left town, so not sure if an offer was even made but you have to think no as he probably would have signed had one been made?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

FA Additions:

* LG Mike Iupati (6-5, 331, 27, 6, Idaho) is the Ndamukong Suh of run blockers in the NFL---a 3 time Pro Bowler. Is consider one of the top ten FAs. Some pundits question Iupati's fit in AZ because he has struggled at times in pass protection and BA's offense is typically pass oriented.

However, Iupati's pass protection efficiency was greater when he was blocking for a more traditional pocket passer, and there is no reason why he can't improve his technique and overall effectiveness under the tutelage of Harold Goodwin.

What the addition if Iupati means is that BA is very adamant about improving the Cardinals' running game. He loves, in particular, to be able to close out games on the ground and with a mauler like Iupati those chance just got a heckuva lot greater.

I love this signing because the Cardinals have to play more physical across the board to be able to vie for the NFC West Championship.

* ILB/OLB Sean Weatherspoon (6-2, 224, 27, 6, Missouri) is a gifted playmaker when healthy. The Cardinals are rolling the dice on his talent and leadership with the hope that he puts up big production numbers.

What I love about this signing is how the Cardinals were able to acquire Weatherspoon in light of the fact that new Falcons' head coach Dan Quinn stated publicly that he wanted to build his defense around Weatherspoon, and yet Weatherspoon elected to sign with the Cardinals instead.

The Cardinals need a real leader on defense. Two years ago it was Dansby. Last year it was Larry Foote. Now that Foote has signed as a coach, the intention is to pass the baton to Spoon. And if this relay is successful, hopefully this time around the Cardinals will be able to re-sign one of their one-year wonders to a multi-year deal.

* DT/DE Corey Peters (6-3, 305, 26, 6, Kentucky) is a thick DT with fluid hips who can plug the run and get after the QB. Like Weatherspoon, Peters suffered a torn Achilles. However, his strong play down the stretch last year is an indication that he has already returned to form.

What I love about this signing is Peter's versatility, which allows James Bettcher to use him in a variety of roles with the Cardinals' multiple fronts. Peters can anchor at NT, he can play Dockett's DT position and he can rush the passer from the inside in the specialty packages.

What also is so compelling about Peter's signing is how praising he was of how well the Cardinals recruited him. he fell in love with the Cardinals' administrators and coaches and even took less money to sign here. It is a nice bonus that he and Sean Weatherspoon are very close. They are very aggressive players cut from a very similar cloth.

* OLB LaMarr Woodley (6-2, 265, 30, 9, Michigan) is coming off his worst season as a pro which was ended prematurely by a torn bicep. As a result of the poor season, the injury and questions about his age, the Cardinals were able to acquire Woodley for less than $1M.

What I love about this signing is that the Cardinals have established a precedent for signing veteran players in their 30s to prove it deals and have gotten premium value and comeback of the year type performances. Woodley must be licking his chops because he know that if he can put up good sack and pressure numbers, he can parlay that success into a more lucrative contract.

What is also so compelling about this signing is how instrumental Larry Foote was in recruiting Woodley to AZ. Some people complain about the Cardinals' propensity to sign ex-Steelers, but one of the best signings of all was Larry Foote, who saved the day for the Cardinals at ILB after Dansby departed---and who set the tone for a ferocious defense until he and they wore down late in the season. Best of all, one of things that is regretful about losing Darnell Dockett is that Dock was one of the very few Cardinals who possessed the "beast mode." We saw this past season that Larry Foote has a beast mode switch. And anyone who has followed Woodley's career knows that he has that switch in spades.

* DE Cory Redding (6-4, 318, 34, 13, Texas) is a highly combative and successful defender who can apply good pressure on the QB. He was one of the few Colts who played well on their defense in the playoffs last year, and he is a very good leader of men.

What I love about this signing is that Redding gives Bettcher another versatile piece within the Cardinals' multiple looks and fronts. Redding can rush from the edge in a 4 man rush as well as from the interior. At Redding's age and with the Cardinals' depth at the position, he can be a valuable rotation player and spot starter if need be.

What is also compelling about this signing is BA&SK's commitment to building the leadership of the defense on the field and in the locker room.

* C A.Q. Shipley (6-1, 307, 28, 4, Penn. St.) is a young center who has garnered positive grades as a run blocker during his first few years in the NFL. He was playing well at C for the Colts last year, but was benched after 5 games and apparently demoted to third string. Now, we might not know the reasons why this happened, but you can be sure that BA&SK do. Clearly, whatever happened in Indy last year did not deter BA&SK from recruiting him to AZ.

What I love about this signing is how badly BA and Harold Goodwin have wanted to acquire Shipley since they arrived in AZ. They are very high on him---so high that they elected to release stalwart veteran C Lyle Sendlein in order to free up the staring job and to save cap space. BA&SK have a very high regard for Sendelin and letting Sendlein go was just as hard as letting Darnell Dockett go, maybe even harder because of Sendlein's integrity.

What is also compelling about this signing is how it relates to improving the running game. While I think BA&HG have a high regard for C/G Ted Larsen, especially because he can swing between the positions, I think Shipley is BA&HG's starter at C and Larsen will be given an opportunity to challenge Jonathan Cooper for the RG position, that is, unless Anthony Steen or Earl Watford make a serious charge.

Where The 53 Man Roster Stands at This Point:

QB (3): Palmer, Stanton, Thomas
RB (4): Ellington, Taylor, Williams, Grice/Hughes
TE (4): Carlson, Niklas, Fells, Bolser
OL (9): Veldheer, Iupati, Shipley, Cooper, Massie, Sowell/Bradfield, Larsen, Steen/Watford
WR (5): Fitzgerald, Floyd, John Brown, Jaron Brown, Golden
DT (2): Peters, Ta'amu
DE (5): Campbell, Rucker, Redding, Stinson, Mauro
ILB (4): Weatherspoon, Minter, Carson, Demens (Washington)
OLB (4): Shaughnessy, Okafor, Martin, Woodley
CB (5): Peterson, Powers, Bethel, Carmichael, Legree
S (5): Johnson, Mathieu, Bucannon, Jefferson, Clemons
ST (3) Zastdul, Leach, Catanzaro

Week 2 FAs Who Could Be Good Fits:

RB Stevan Ridley--- power RB coming off an ACL, but has been very productive and had a 1,200 yard season in 2013.

RB Pierre Thomas---productive as a Saint. All-purpose type.

WR Cecil Shorts---nifty in the slot and as a return man.

WR Donnie Avery---speed WR who had a good year with BA in Indy.

TE James Casey---versatile and talented. Good blocker and receiver.

TE Jermaine Gresham---big blocker, inconsistent receiver.

T Anthony Collins---how about a one year prove it deal with him?

OLB Osi Umenyiora---situational DE a la John Abraham?

OLB Mathias Kiwanuka---lots of length and athletic ability.

ILB Mason Foster---has speed and decent instincts.

ILB Brandon Spikes---run game stuffer.

CB Perrish Cox---played well in SF last year.

CB Patrick Robinson---has versatility, quick feet.

S Dashon Goldson---has the beast mode switch.

CB/S Bradley Fletcher---can cover TEs! Can play press CB.

Please mention other FAs I haven't mentioned!

What Hasn't Been Accomplished Yet:

Your thoughts?

Nice writeup Mitch.Cards do need another CB or 2,another NT-DT type,ILB and RB.I read that Bethel thinks he can win starting CB across from PP.Would like to see a healthy Anthony Steen push Watford out of the picture.
As for edge speed ...all the top passrush guys will probably be gone at 24.Would rather get BPA instead of reaching for a passrusher.Go for a pass rusher in round 2 (Mauldin,Michael Bennett,etc;).Speaking of Michael Bennett do you feel he can fill a rotational passrusher from offtackle?
CB depth -good draft for CB and quality FA`s still available
KO?KR guy-why not bring in some RBs or WRs who can return.........then sort them out in preseason.
RB-good draft for RB
ILB-several choices either draft or FA.
Overall BASK have done a good job of filling holes or getting upgrades.It would be even better if BASK can fill most holes or upgrades before the draft and Cards can go BPA most rounds.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
all the players unsigned are not good at all.
about rb ,i would prefer waiting for the draft
nate irving can give us solid depth ad ILB
wizniesky is still a free agent?

This is the part of FA where there are some bargains---don't understand why you say all the players unsigned are no good. The contracts for players in Week one were generally ridiculous, imo. What's good about SK is he attached proper market value on players.

I think we need to add one veteran FA RB---rookies in their first year are hit and miss.

Agree about Irving although he is coming off an ACL so maybe he is not well enough on track in his rehab to sign yet.

I think BA&HG feel Shipley is as good as Wisniewski.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Curious about Fletcher. Was he playing through an injury or something last year, or was it more about teams learning how to exploit his weaknesses? Because he was pretty solid in 2013.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Ridley or Thomas at RB interest me as does Cox at CB. What I saw from Cox impressed me also.

I thought Cox was just as good, if not better than Culliver and Culliver just signed for big-bucks with the Redskins. Culliver is younger, but not by that much.

Cox has met with the Browns and visited the Titans yesterday. He's garnering strong interest. If the Cardinals want him they had better move quickly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
To be very honest, I would still go after Wisniewski. Not sure if he is pricing himself off the market but I would sign him to compete with Cooper at the OG spot opposite Iupati. If he beats out Cooper, Cooper can challenge Shipley for the starting C spot. BA wants competition, no point in giving Cooper the spot by default as he hasn't proved he can lock it down. Worst case is Cooper would be the depth at OC & OG if he can't beat out either. If Cooper beats out Wis at OG then Shipley & Wis compete for the C spot.

Is there something going on with Ben Tate, there really hasn't been much info about him making visits or garnering interest, he would be a nice pick up that should come cheap.

DL Red Bryant would be a nice pick up but ARZ already signed Redding.

I wonder if Irving failed his physical as he has reportedly left town, so not sure if an offer was even made but you have to think no as he probably would have signed had one been made?

What's curious about Wisniewski is why the Raiders were so quick to want to replace him. Perhaps there is a medical issue? Plus, he has been garnering interest, like from the Seahawks yesterday, but no one has been able to close the deal with him yet.

Ben Tate had a poor year at the worst time---what should have been his time to shine after playing second fiddle all those years in Houston. Teams are leery, and the Cardinals had easy chances to pick him up last year and chose not to.

As for Irving---he's coming off an ACL---maybe the Cardinals want to see improvement in his recovery before they sign him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Your thoughts?

Great post.

I would say the most urgent needs/ones that would put us over the top:

#1 Consistent pass rusher
#2 Power RB
#3 Big run stuffing NT
#4 We need Dwash back

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the part of FA where there are some bargains---don't understand why you say all the players unsigned are no good. The contracts for players in Week one were generally ridiculous, imo. What's good about SK is he attached proper market value on players.

I think we need to add one veteran FA RB---rookies in their first year are hit and miss.

Agree about Irving although he is coming off an ACL so maybe he is not well enough on track in his rehab to sign yet.

I think BA&HG feel Shipley is as good as Wisniewski.
i hope are not the same feelings to let them choosing lindley to play in the last games in 2014

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
i hope are not the same feelings to let them choosing lindley to play in the last games in 2014
I always hear this, but what better option did they have? It was too late to make any trades and no one that was available to sign would have stepped in and played any better. The Cards lost both their starter and backup due to injury and teams are always screwed when they have to rely on the 3/4 string QB.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good stuff, Mitch. I would like us to add a RB like Ridley and also draft a big back in the rounds 3 or later. There will be some good ones there. I like TJ Yeldon-Alabama, David Cobb-Minnesota and Jay Ajayi-Boise State.

Would love to see us draft someone like WR/KR/PR Tyler Lockett Kansas State or TyMontgomery WR/KR/PR Stanford. Both are good receivers and excel in the return game and would be good replacements for Ted Ginn.

Free agents that I still like include ILB Brandon Spikes,CB Tramon Williams and maybe a one year deal on OLB Dwight Freeney (ala John Abraham). I think he played for Arians the one year he was interim HC with the Colts.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score

I don't think that is a fair analogy.

I will say this however---stay tuned because I think the Cardinals might surprise us with a QB signing either via FA or the draft. I don't think BA or SK ever wants to have what happened at QB this past year happen again.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
I'm still disappointed.

I am surprised, Garth.

The Cardinals just got a great deal more physical in order to take on the incredibly physical rivals in the NFC West with these signings and the Cardinals added valuable veteran leadership at some very reasonable salaries.

What would you have done differently?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you have Shipley moving to center wouldn't it make sense to look at Blalock if we really want to improve the run game?

Is there something about him that would keep us from doing that especially if we can get him at a good price?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I will say this however---stay tuned because I think the Cardinals might surprise us with a QB signing either via FA or the draft. I don't think BA or SK ever wants to have what happened at QB this past year happen again.

Boy I hope so I really don't like Logan Thomas and would like to see us pick up someone like QB Bryce Petty Baylor.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

What FA QB is out there and who could we take in the draft that could help out this year or next?

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Curious about Fletcher. Was he playing through an injury or something last year, or was it more about teams learning how to exploit his weaknesses? Because he was pretty solid in 2013.

Me too, CSD. Fletcher's length and cover ability are very appealing. Maybe he was dinged up and tried to play through it? Maybe Chip Kelly's uptempo practices wore him down?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Good write up Walter. I still think we need to sign Wisnewsky to be our center. Neither Larsen or Shipley are even as good as Sendlein. If the Cardinals are truly going to make a push to be in the Super Bowl they will have to sign one of AP, Justin Houston or Greg Hardy. If they don't get one of those three then it will take a miracle to get past Seattle.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy I hope so I really don't like Logan Thomas and would like to see us pick up someone like QB Bryce Petty Baylor.

I could only see the Cards picking up a QB late if at all. Bet BA gives LT this year to show any progression, then it's make or break for him. IMO

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Interesting pass rusher name - George Johnson of Detroit. They only gave him the low RFA tender, but since they didn't draft him they only get right to match offer with no draft pick compensation needed by the signing team.

Had 6 sacks last year as a part time player, only 50% of the snaps.

Did the light finally come on, was it playing next to Suh, was it scheme, combo of all three? Not sure, I didnt see him play last year.

Dont remember who but it was an interesting name brought up by someone on the radio this week when asked who should be getting more interest right now.

All I know is they didnt create 10 mill in cap space currently just to sit on it, something is up, something there are zero rumors about maybe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Good stuff, Mitch. I would like us to add a RB like Ridley and also draft a big back in the rounds 3 or later. There will be some good ones there. I like TJ Yeldon-Alabama, David Cobb-Minnesota and Jay Ajayi-Boise State.

Would love to see us draft someone like WR/KR/PR Tyler Lockett Kansas State or TyMontgomery WR/KR/PR Stanford. Both are good receivers and excel in the return game and would be good replacements for Ted Ginn.

Free agents that I still like include ILB Brandon Spikes,CB Tramon Williams and maybe a one year deal on OLB Dwight Freeney (ala John Abraham). I think he played for Arians the one year he was interim HC with the Colts.

az jam---all the FA and Draft names you mention are appealing to me. I think that BA&SK are thinking in a very similar mode.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
:yeahthat:
Since you have Shipley moving to center wouldn't it make sense to look at Blalock if we really want to improve the run game?

Is there something about him that would keep us from doing that especially if we can get him at a good price?