Week 1 2022: Heroes and Goats

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I brought K9 Jr. to this game. We showed up just in time for the national anthem. Stadium was probably 40% or better KC fans (who were generally well-behaved and better-looking than, like, Packers fans). It's hard to measure the team in this format when you're at the game. That said, hard to say this was much fun. Let's discuss who stood out for good and bad based on ***vibes***:

Heroes
James Conner, RB.
I don't understand the strategy to come out and Let Kyler Cook. It keeps up consistently behind schedule. Connor had a pretty good success rate in the competitive portion of the game. It's not really his fault he didn't get a touch until the score was 14-0.

Zaven Collins, ILB. Played the third-most downs of anyone on the defense and wasn't particularly embarrassing.

Budda Baker, S. He's so slippery attacking the line of scrimmage. He's just a bad matchup against Mahomes.

Goats
Kyler Murray, QB.
The starting offense had 57 snaps. Kyler Murray was involved in 41 of them. On first downs, Kyler was -1 yd rush, Incomplete pass, incomplete pass, aborted snap, Complete pass for 4 yards, 21 yard scramble, complete pass for 3 yards, complete pass for 5 yards, incomplete pass, incomplete pass,[score reaches 36-7] complete pass for 8 yards, complete pass for 4 yards, complete pass for 4 yards, complete pass for 22 yards, incomplete pass. By my count, that's seven of 15 successful first down plays, with more than half of them coming in garbage time. Yuck.

Rashard Lawrence and Leki Fotu, interior line. Both these fat dudes played a majority of defensive downs and were thoroughly dominated. They have to get better up the middle.

Isaiah Simmons, *Backer. Played 61 snaps and had three tackles and no splat plays. Just disgusting.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Man you really had to reach for some heroes. I'd put Dortch in there though. And of course having zero drops is hero worthy too. In fact, Isabella being a hero for not dropping a pass is perfect for this game!!

Hard not the have the HC/entire coaching staff as goats when you come out in your home opener and get that thoroughly dominated. I'd give Kliff a goat purely for going empty set on a 3rd and 1 early in the game when you have a big back that you just paid a ton of money to. It clearly wouldn't have mattered in the end, but mattered a lot at the time.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
three best words: Dominated. Embarrassing. Disgusting.

All true. All warranted. This coaching staff is a farce and the depth is atrocious at every position.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think a single one of those heroes belong. In fact, Zaven was worse than Simmons last night.

Your heroes list could/should have been:

Dortch
Gardeck
Dogbe
Disagree on Zaven. He wasn't bad. He made a few mistakes, but made some good plays as well.

Agree on your heroes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I brought K9 Jr. to this game. We showed up just in time for the national anthem. Stadium was probably 40% or better KC fans (who were generally well-behaved and better-looking than, like, Packers fans). It's hard to measure the team in this format when you're at the game. That said, hard to say this was much fun. Let's discuss who stood out for good and bad based on ***vibes***:

Heroes
James Conner, RB.
I don't understand the strategy to come out and Let Kyler Cook. It keeps up consistently behind schedule. Connor had a pretty good success rate in the competitive portion of the game. It's not really his fault he didn't get a touch until the score was 14-0.

Zaven Collins, ILB. Played the third-most downs of anyone on the defense and wasn't particularly embarrassing.

Budda Baker, S. He's so slippery attacking the line of scrimmage. He's just a bad matchup against Mahomes.

Goats
Kyler Murray, QB.
The starting offense had 57 snaps. Kyler Murray was involved in 41 of them. On first downs, Kyler was -1 yd rush, Incomplete pass, incomplete pass, aborted snap, Complete pass for 4 yards, 21 yard scramble, complete pass for 3 yards, complete pass for 5 yards, incomplete pass, incomplete pass,[score reaches 36-7] complete pass for 8 yards, complete pass for 4 yards, complete pass for 4 yards, complete pass for 22 yards, incomplete pass. By my count, that's seven of 15 successful first down plays, with more than half of them coming in garbage time. Yuck.

Rashard Lawrence and Leki Fotu, interior line. Both these fat dudes played a majority of defensive downs and were thoroughly dominated. They have to get better up the middle.

Isaiah Simmons, *Backer. Played 61 snaps and had three tackles and no splat plays. Just disgusting.

I thought Gardeck was the best player on either side of the ball

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Definitely he has poor instict but made some plays, Simmons was just a liability for the whole game
I think he's just miscast as an ILB.

Remember what Reddick said when he was moved back to OLB? He said OLB is so much easier because he had a whole lot less gaps to read.

Zaven is probably an OLB being forced to play ILB. Despite what many think, you can't just plug any LB into an ILB spot. There are years of training your eyes that go into learning those spots.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he's just miscast as an ILB.

Remember what Reddick said when he was moved back to OLB? He said OLB is so much easier because he had a whole lot less gaps to read.

Zaven is probably an OLB being forced to play ILB. Despite what many think, you can't just plug any LB into an ILB spot. There are years of training your eyes that go into learning those spots.
At this point this defense has not much of a chance in becoming an average unit
I would fire immediately Joseph and Bill Davis
I would play 4-3
Collins wolb Wooten ilb gardeck SOLB
Allen dogbe Watt Thomas

Wooten coming from a strong program, i watched him and he has good instict,s, he can miss some tackles but he knows how to play the position
Vallejo back up
I would cut Vigil and trade Simmons and Moore for cee dee lamb

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
At this point this defense has not much of a chance in becoming an average unit
I would fire immediately Joseph and Bill Davis
I would play 4-3
Collins wolb Wooten ilb gardeck SOLB
Allen dogbe Watt Thomas
I think it's a bit of an overreaction.

Will every team boat race the Cardinals like the Chiefs? Probably not. The Chiefs looked special yesterday. They look like a team that did some thorough self scouting this offseason.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Will every team boat race the Cardinals like the Chiefs? Probably not. The Chiefs looked special yesterday. They look like a team that did some thorough self scouting this offseason.
65 snaps 33 first downs
Beside the fumble they Scored in every drives
Chiefs are very good, but it was the same difference between Alabama and Charleston state
No excuse

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’m betting $ we get boat raced this coming week too.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny how the last addition from practice squad Devon Kennard played more snaps then any others outside linebackers
Have u ever seen a practice squad player having more snaps then anyone else playing the same position?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose