Webb will go under the knife

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
SEATTLE - Brandon Webb's troublesome shoulder will require more tests and maybe even surgery, and the possibility exists that the organization's most accomplished homegrown player has thrown his last pitch for the Diamondbacks.
Here's hoping everything goes well! He's so young(30), and I hope he has a successful recovery and can pitch for a few more years into the future.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'm sorry but Brandon Webb pisses me off.

I mean the guy had the best sinker in the history of the game but the way he took care of his body was embarrassing. You can't tell me that lugging that kind of girth around year after year doesn't take its toll on every other part of your body. I watched my dad deteriorate over time with a physique that was basically the same as Webb's.

How many times did we watch him struggle to throw a descent pitch after he had to leg out a ground ball? (and I use the term "leg out" loosely, usually it looked more like a cross between a slow jog and a stroll)

Maybe if Webby had worked out a little during the off season instead of packin' on the Slim Jims he might not be where he is now.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The D'backs will buy him out for 2 million bucks next year. He did pitch his last game here.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i love slim jims

They are the most amazing mixture of meat(?) ever created.

And this season is officially down the drain, time to tank and pick up that HS pitcher as a replacement. It was nice while it lasted Webby.

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that but from a business standpoint they need to thank their lucky stars that they pulled the 3 year 54 mil extension. While it is unfortunate it will be the correct business decision to not exercise his option. Haren and Scherzer are solid 1 and 2 at this point. That is why it is so risky to give a pitcher such a big contract

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Even without Webb the Dbacks STARTING pitchers have been the only respectable part of their game.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm sorry but Brandon Webb pisses me off.

I mean the guy had the best sinker in the history of the game but the way he took care of his body was embarrassing. You can't tell me that lugging that kind of girth around year after year doesn't take its toll on every other part of your body. I watched my dad deteriorate over time with a physique that was basically the same as Webb's.

How many times did we watch him struggle to throw a descent pitch after he had to leg out a ground ball? (and I use the term "leg out" loosely, usually it looked more like a cross between a slow jog and a stroll)

Maybe if Webby had worked out a little during the off season instead of packin' on the Slim Jims he might not be where he is now.

Comeon dude you're acting like the guy weighed 300lbs and was blobbing around the field like Kirby Puckett.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hardly what I'd call a porker.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Come on, the guy is a highly paid professional athlete. I bet he was at least 250 last year and I have always been more more dissappointed in his fitness level than his size. Its well documented that jogging to first tired him so that he would struggle the next inning on the mound.

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
I hope it goes well and he's back in a D-backs uni next year. A 1,2, 3 Webb Haren and Scherzer would be AWESOME! 50 wins between the 3?!?!?!

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
maybe he could bring some hope to our bullpen

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
i found his family...

You must be registered for see images attach

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
I can't see Byrnes letting Webb walk without getting anything in value in return. If anything I think they get him at more of a discount due to the injury.

trueherotillman

Registered
Reaction score
that first picture of Webb doesn't do justice to the fitness level of Webb. he's not even close to slender. I couldn't imagine getting paid to work out as a professional athlete and not being able to keep my body in tip-top shape. just look at John Kruk in his heyday.