We Lost

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Doh.

Got a pretty competitive game in what could/should have been a blow out.

I guess Lamar Jackson can throw...........some of us are not as shocked as others.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doh.

I guess Lamar Jackson can throw...........some of us are not as shocked as others.

That one throw to Hollywood on third down made me a believer. I think he will have his struggles unlike most pure throwers of the football...but that was a dime for that moment in the game. I was thoroughly impressed.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one throw to Hollywood on third down made me a believer. I think he will have his struggles unlike most pure throwers of the football...but that was a dime for that moment in the game. I was thoroughly impressed.
Third down play on top of everything. The coverage was damn near perfect. Would have loved the offense to get one more crack at winning it.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Doh.

He's looking pretty dangerous Rugby. He reminds me of Randell Cunningham. Kind of long-strider, who's seven yards downfield before you realize he's running. He outplayed Murray today.

BAL's got something working, but then again, they were still only three points better than us today.

I'm not sure I liked the way Harbaugh, or the BAL OC, called their offense today. Its seems like they frequently went away from stuff that was working well against us.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He's looking pretty dangerous Rugby. He reminds me of Randell Cunningham. Kind of long-strider, who's seven yards downfield before you realize he's running. He outplayed Murray today.

BAL's got something working, but then again, they were still only three points better than us today.

I'm not sure I liked the way Harbaugh, or the BAL OC, called their offense today. Its seems like they frequently went away from stuff that was working well against us.
3 polnts? Ravens left at least 3 more points on the field by taking a knee 3 plays at the 3 minute mark in.Cards played tough but moral victories don't count except for building a bit of confidence.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I’d be a little concerned with his durability, he likes to run a lot, would scare the daylights out of me if I was a Ravens fan

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d be a little concerned with his durability, he likes to run a lot, would scare the daylights out of me if I was a Ravens fan
He seemed to avoid the contact very well today unlike the Newton's and rg3's of the world. If he stays disciplined with that ability, he will be just fine...imo

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He seemed to avoid the contact very well today unlike the Newton's and rg3's of the world. If he stays disciplined with that ability, he will be just fine...imo
True, but he did take 2-3 big hits on run plays and all it takes is for 1 of those to put him out of the game. As much as I would like to see Kyler do some similar things with his feet I am happy that he is being pretty careful about taking big shots.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while lol. Nice pass indeed but he is not an accurate passer. The true Lamar passer will pop back up eventually. It did to an extent Sunday, missed about 4-5 targets that were wide open.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while lol. Nice pass indeed but he is not an accurate passer. The true Lamar passer will pop back up eventually. It did to an extent Sunday, missed about 4-5 targets that were wide open.
Despite that he still completed 65% of his passes and quite a few of those completions were down the field as well.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Doh.

He made one hard throw IMO but in the end..... Was much more composed than I remember.

That throw to end the game on 3rd & 11 was nails. Good for him. I think they will still have problems when the windows are tighter, and when the other team converts in the red zone, but for now....... Congrats to him.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
That's two weeks in a row the sun has shined on that dog's butt.

One day for each cheek.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
He made one hard throw IMO but in the end..... Was much more composed than I remember.

That throw to end the game on 3rd & 11 was nails. Good for him. I think they will still have problems when the windows are tighter, and when the other team converts in the red zone, but for now....... Congrats to him.
How many "hard throws" did Murray make?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He runs when the opportunity presents itself. He barely ran vs. Miami.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
How many "hard throws" did Murray make?

I'm remembering 4 or 5 off hand.

2 or three to Kirk and One or two to Keeshawn.

Back Shoulders & Deep outs.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What website do people go to to get that type of info? Where they break the plays up like that? Wondering?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
What website do people go to to get that type of info? Where they break the plays up like that? Wondering?
I'm going off of memory since I was at the game. I think PFF and FBO rate stuff like that though.

Lamar's throws were tight window for sure...... But most were right in front of him. His first TD was wide open down the right side and most of their damage was done within the hash marks.

That throw to Hollywood to seal it was the best throw of the entire game though. And maybe of the weekend in the NFL.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair... So did Kyler. It happens.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Before the Ravens are crowned champs they have beaten Miami and AZ. Granted they play in a crappy division. Where would we be had we drafted Lamar and not Rosen?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Before the Ravens are crowned champs they have beaten Miami and AZ. Granted they play in a crappy division. Where would we be had we drafted Lamar and not Rosen?

It might not have mattered a lot considering how poor the coaching was and how bad the team was last season.Bad situation for Rosen and the rookies to be put in to start their NFL careers.IMO Rosen will be fine if he can survive this season in Miami..2 poor teams with little hopeto start his career.Miami semi-tanking for Tua is the rumor.As for Lamar he is probably thanking his lucky stars he went to a team with real coaching and a real plan .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose