Wayyyy OT: COVID Vaccine experience

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by the Lieutenant, Feb 16, 2021.

1. gimpy

gimpy Registered

My wife got her first one yesterday. I was supposed to get mine this Saturday, but received an email a couple of hours ago to reschedule. My appt has been canceled.

2. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

Had my first and hopefully (weather permitting) get my second tomorrow. Only side effect was that for a few days after my first shot, I found myself rooting for the Seahawks, which was kind of scary. :)

3. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

In NJ, my wife and I (in our 80's) are on three different appointment lists, but have been unable to connect with anyone to book a time or date.

I want the shots, but, between weather and supply challenges, we aren't getting anywhere.

4. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

So frustrated for you and every one in your position, Jeff.

daves likes this.
  5. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Registered

Sending you the best of luck to get an appointment SOON.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CatBoxBackFan, gimpy and Garthshort like this.
  6. Cardinal Bob

Cardinal Bob Glutton for Punishment

Any luck finding appointments for yourself & your wife yet, Jeff?

My brother got an appt yesterday (Wed) morning for this afternoon at a CVS thru the CVS app. Per the manager at the CVS in Elizabeth where my wife & I went for our 1st shots, CVS opens up more slots as they are able to confirm supply. He said this will usually happen mornings around 7am-ish, and recommended checking daily to see if any open up. My brother & his partner started trying this method last week, and both had success in booking appts yesterday. The CVS manager also said that based on the people he spoke with each day, more had success going thru the app vs the website. Give it a shot if you're still searching! Let me know if you have questions and I'll try and answer them for you. Good luck!

7. JeffGollin

My wife and I (age 75+) get our 1st shots tomorrow am.

Reports here of Shot #2 side effects make me nervous. But, in the end, the risk/reward and social benefits of the shots represent a net-plus.

Note - Organization and communications effort at various levels of government has been somewhat shaky. Hopefully, our leaders will have learned from the experience and will leave a much better mechanism in place to deal with the next (ughh!) pandemic.

8. Cardinal Bob

Cardinal Bob Glutton for Punishment

Good to hear that you've finally had some luck in getting scheduled!

9. CatBoxBackFan

CatBoxBackFan Registered

Glad to hear that she got her first,make sure she is hydrated before and after her shot.

kerouac9 likes this.
  10. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

Jeff, congrats. My wife and I, both 83, had our second shot on Wednesday, with zero after effects. Though, friends have told me that since I'm a Cardinals fan, it's probably a case of "no sense, no feeling".

11. JeffGollin

We "got jabbed" this morning (local emergency outreach group helped us get connected). Aside from a slightly sore "mouse-arm", things went swiimmingly. 2nd shot is booked for late March.

Local activists are miracle workers (Without them, we'd be left to making faces at our blank computer screens). Main problimo is "lack of feedback" (We're asked to submit a lengthy questionnaire, but aren't told whether or not "we're on the exhalted "appointment list."

Note - one advantage of being a Card fan is that complete strangers who are there to help you single you out as "that guy in the Cardinal hat."

DemsMyBoys likes this.