Way too early 2020 NFL Draft - Cards pick Javon Kinlaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I'd be happy with S grant delpit. Wr Jerry Judy, dl derrick brown or kinlaw. Also might considering trading our 1st round pick for Odell Beckham. He could be deadly in our offense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don't know how we'll finish and where we'll draft.

We don't know who'll draft ahead of us and what they'd need.

We don't know how the teams ahead of us will view players on their various short lists.

We don't know nuthin'.

But it's nice to pipe dream.

Question: At this time a year ago, did we have an iota of interest in K Murray?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We don't know how we'll finish and where we'll draft.

We don't know who'll draft ahead of us and what they'd need.

We don't know how the teams ahead of us will view players on their various short lists.

We don't know nuthin'.

But it's nice to pipe dream.

Question: At this time a year ago, did we have an iota of interest in K Murray?
It's nice to have some names to watch for during bowl season and the conference championships.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's nice to have some names to watch for during bowl season and the conference championships.

this is about the time of year I start looking at prospects and find myself watching random games just to key in on a player. I love it

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like Kinlaw a good bit and often pick him when I run draft simulations. In the interest of full disclosure, I attended South Carolina.

FWIW it's worth he appears to be better than any of the lineman we have at present. He has a knack for getting to the QB and has a reputation for being one of the best (if not the best) interior linemen in the SEC.

Still, the Cards are in a position where they can hew pretty close to the BPA draft strategy. Kinlaw immediately improves their line. Someone like Simmons would immediately help them cover TEs. Lamb could provide that big bodied big play guy we need.

We could use an upgrade in talent at nearly every position other than QB.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who wants an OL 1st round top 10 pick? Bummer is that he won't be available when Cards select in earned slot. He is top 3 if not #1. I suspect Cards will be drafting 10 -15 slot.

#1 OT might be

Andrew Thomas

Height/Weight:
6-5/320
Birthplace:
Lithonia, GA
Team:
Georgia Bulldogs
Class:
Junior

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want D line this guy might be available when Cards select;

A. J Espenesa

Height/Weight:
6-6/280
Birthplace:
Edwardsville, IL
Team:
Iowa Hawkeyes
Class:
Junior

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
If you want D line this guy might be available when Cards select;

A. J Espenesa

Height/Weight:
6-6/280
Birthplace:
Edwardsville, IL
Team:
Iowa Hawkeyes
Class:
Junior

I think he slots inside at a 3/4 DE for the Cards

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who wants an OL 1st round top 10 pick? Bummer is that he won't be available when Cards select in earned slot. He is top 3 if not #1. I suspect Cards will be drafting 10 -15 slot.

#1 OT might be

Andrew Thomas

Height/Weight:
6-5/320
Birthplace:
Lithonia, GA
Team:
Georgia Bulldogs
Class:
Junior

We have a tough schedule the rest of the way, so I don't see us eclipsing 5 wins. Maybe 6 if we continue to protect the ball & Drake stays consistent. Yes, I see us in that 10-15 range. If we're top 10, I would prefer DL over OL.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We have a tough schedule the rest of the way, so I don't see us eclipsing 5 wins. Maybe 6 if we continue to protect the ball & Drake stays consistent. Yes, I see us in that 10-15 range. If we're top 10, I would prefer DL over OL.
Me 2. Our OL is playing good, Sweezy hasn't given up a sack all season. Imagine how good it would've been had Gilbert not got injured? Sweezy & Pugh are signed through next season & Humphries is about to get paid, not sure if the Cardinals will do much more to the OL other than draft some more depth. Probably won't draft an OL'man with their 1st pick unless Thomas is still there? I'd love to get Chase Young but he will be gone also. Stud DL & LB'ers with speed & can cover is what we need first imo.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have to continue to check this line of thinking for myself. We are still one year away from a line that had Humphries, Pugh, and Shipley hurt. This year we have had two RTs hurt.

We have two (potentially three) options to fix the RT position. High priced FA or draft (maybe Pugh).

We have two ways to address the LT position. High priced DJ Humphries/FA or draft.

We have oft-injured Pugh as a high priced LG.

We have one year left on contract Sweezy who is having a career year at RG.

Our C is a FA and is old.

We need to recognize that this year has been a positive perfect storm for us on the offensive line. This is the outlier. If we go into next year with mostly the same pieces, we are as likely to have a 2018 season performance as we are to repeat our 2019 performance. I am not willing to risk our young QB in that way. Maybe FA will change this, but I am not so sure.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Whomever Keim picks will not get to a second contract

I did better at picking my bride than Keim does at first round picks

AND I'M DIVORCED