Watt? Tests positive for covid. Out for the next two preseason games

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Welp - at least of our 2 leaders on both side of the ball got it now rather during in season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Better now than later. Heck, I'd rather he gets the additional two weeks of rest away from contact so he doesn't get some kind of injury.
What is with these clueless responses? HE CAN GET IT AGAIN AT ANY TIME!

Sorry, just frustrating that people think getting Covid once means you can't get it again. Sheesh!

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Sorry, just frustrating that people think getting Covid once means you can't get it again. Sheesh!
Should have mandatory science courses taken as an adult every two years. Exemption if you learn anything with very simple multiple choice tests.

I know some will be stuck forever.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Sorry amigo I don’t think you’re the expert on this.. and the experts got the science wrong multiple times. Maybe try not to be so brash. Not saying my opinion is right either on the subject - just can speak of my loved ones and my own family experiences.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
..not to mention name 1 player in the NFL that has had to sit out twice in a single season due to having covid in the 2 seasons we have been dealing with this. (You can’t, because it’s never happened)

You can most definitely get it multiple times, but extremely rare to get the same variant in that short of a time span.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
..not to mention name 1 player in the NFL that has had to sit out twice in a single season due to having covid in the 2 seasons we have been dealing with this. (You can’t, because it’s never happened)

You can most definitely get it multiple times, but extremely rare to get the same variant in that short of a time span.
Didn’t Lamar Jackson miss time in both preseason and regular season at some point in the same season over last two years?

And this variant is different than the others where reinfections can and have happened much faster than previous variants.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn’t Lamar Jackson miss time in both preseason and regular season at some point in the same season over last two years?

And this variant is different than the others where reinfections can and have happened much faster than previous variants.
No.. tested positive in 2020 season, then during training camp of the 2021 season.

And the second part is purely speculative opinion. Impossible to have any true data to reflect factual information.. I for one am in constant interaction with a network of thousands of people and have yet to hear of one story about this new variant being as you described.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You're ignoring the natural immunity to the CURRENT dominate strain that JJ will enjoy until his antibodies subside, which varies greatly between individuals...

An NFL athlete probably has antibodies lingering longer than us.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

It's not that you can't, it's that it's highly unlikely.

Also, from an NFL perspective, I have to imagine that testing is going to have to fade out at some point soon.

I just came back from the UK (where I tested positive and eventually negative) and no country along the way required any kind of testing for anything else. At the point in which vaccines and exposure to the virus are leading to less of a fatal and dangerous disease, and the CDC doesn't recommend screening for schools... I think it's about time the NFL will need to make a shift in this policy.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Care to tell me how many players league wide got covid multiple times in a season the last two years?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No.. tested positive in 2020 season, then during training camp of the 2021 season.

And the second part is purely speculative opinion. Impossible to have any true data to reflect factual information.. I for one am in constant interaction with a network of thousands of people and have yet to hear of one story about this new variant being as you described.
Okay

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

August to /January wouldn’t be all that short any longer.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
August to /January wouldn’t be all that short any longer.
Lol ok.. and I could wake up and win the lottery tomorrow as well. Point is we have been dealing with this for two seasons now and there have been ZERO players to miss time twice in one season as a result of testing positive for Covid twice. Nothing to debate, period unless you want to walk every single other what-if scenario that’s never happened.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol ok.. and I could wake up and win the lottery tomorrow as well. Point is we have been dealing with this for two seasons now and there have been ZERO players to miss time twice in one season as a result of testing positive for Covid twice. Nothing to debate, period unless you want to walk every single other what-if scenario that’s never happened.
Agreed. Considering hundreds have missed time with it, the fact that none have done so twice in the same season does provide some data.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am surprised there was any remote chance that JJ Watt was going to take the field in the preseason anyway.

Anyone who's role is already defined should be chained to the bench and their helmet and pads placed in a tall tower, surrounded by a moat full of sharks with lasers on their heads.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Seriously. I expected people to be all "yeah, it was just phrasing" because they know people can get it twice, and "getting it out of the way" isn't a thing. But, hey, who cares about science? lol
I think you can get it again after two months. What I do not understand is why the whole team does not have it right now since the Omicron is twice as contiguous as the Delta, though for the most part far less severe

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You do build immunities and become less likely to get the virus again over the next few months. stop it.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think you can get it again after two months. What I do not understand is why the whole team does not have it right now since the Omicron is twice as contiguous as the Delta, though for the most part far less severe
Omicron is old news, almost all of the new cases are BA.5.

Just had it, it sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave