Watson vs. Hopkins

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Unbelievable! Watson allegedly assaults every woman in sight while Hopkins shows up with a barely measurable amount of a banned substance in his blood. He has a clean history. There was not even a masking agent as previously reported. I know the drug penalty is a contractual mandate but if I were a woman I would be extremely angry about the moral equivalency these penalties present.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are saying he got the same as Dhop…. They really didn’t it’s worse….

Unless I’m mistaken they said D can’t be with the team at all during the entire six weeks… According to SportsCenter Watson can be back to the Browns fully practicing and participating in the team activities after week three as well….. WTH

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are saying he got the same as Dhop…. They really didn’t it’s worse….

Unless I’m mistaken they said D can’t be with the team at all during the entire six weeks… According to SportsCenter Watson can be back to the Browns fully practicing and participating in the team activities after week three as well….. WTH
And as your pointed out before, Watson also got paid to take a season off and based on his contract is losing only like $350k while Hopkins is losing $2.24 million.

It keeps getting worse

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And as your pointed out before, Watson also got paid to take a season off and based on his contract is losing only like $350k while Hopkins is losing $2.24 million.

It keeps getting worse
For a 0.1% trace that could very well be a false positive...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Unbelievable! Watson allegedly assaults every woman in sight while Hopkins shows up with a barely measurable amount of a banned substance in his blood. He has a clean history. There was not even a masking agent as previously reported. I know the drug penalty is a contractual mandate but if I were a woman I would be extremely angry about the moral equivalency these penalties present.

Isn't paying settlements to victims a form of a "masking agent"?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Dhop cheated against other players who aren’t doping and deserves his punishment, I’m really quite disgusted with him at his talent level without dope. Rationalize all you want

Watson paid his way out, I don’t even think he was on the edge …from what him and lawyer doesn’t deny. I mean he says he did nothing wrong, but his wrong is different then a healthy person's wrong.

im still on the Sean Payton kick too, worse unsportsmanlike conduct in history of sports, make a movie about poor Sean having to coach high school kids while he was suspended, keep him away from kids, he has a rotten soul, whether others care or not.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Dhop cheated against other players who aren’t doping and deserves his punishment, I’m really quite disgusted with him at his talent level without dope. Rationalize all you want

Watson paid his way out, I don’t even think he was on the edge …from what him and lawyer doesn’t deny. I mean he says he did nothing wrong, but his wrong is different then a healthy person's wrong.

im still on the Sean Payton kick too, worse unsportsmanlike conduct in history of sports, make a movie about poor Sean having to coach high school kids while he was suspended, keep him away from kids, he has a rotten soul, whether others care or not.
Right??

******** nfl wants to **** around like they care about player safety...

But payton and williams still have careers. Hypocrites. The nfl dont give two ***** about player safety...just lawsuits and public opinion

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve conversed with a few players who tested positive with trace amounts. Some just tossed out BS. However, a few seemed quite credible that some stupid supplement they took must have been contaminated. These were guys who have been known for watching what they ingest and it worries me about the process. I still think trace amounts with no masking should be treated with a less severe response unless there is a violation history.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Outrageous that the same penalties were handed out. 6 games for Watson is a wink and a nod. Got paid his full salary for nothing last season