Watching Hard Knocks Live

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
holy crap this team is so ****ing SOFT!!!! 65 degrees and raining and everyone is whining!!!! Man, Parcels would have made them all run gassers until they dropped if he heard this crap.
Other than a few weeks in July, that’s a normal summer day in Syracuse! My fondest days as a kid growing up in Syracuse was sitting in the car with my Dad waiting out a long Little League baseball rain delay.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After watching that episode, it became clear as day that our ENTIRE coaching staff is soft. They all need to be fired. I’d maybe keep the DL coach, but that’s it. I thought our WR coach was going to literally kiss Hop’s behind! It’s no wonder that this team is undisciplined & isn’t properly prepared to win games in crunch time.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, kinda cool to get a look behind the scenes of your own team. To me it looks clear that KK is in over his head, doesn’t seem to be a leader of men, seems his words don’t mean much to them. Willing to bet they respect JJ or Buddha’s words more… Hopefulky they can get their crap together but with injuries piling up wouldn’t count on it…

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was good. Gave some looks behind the scenes that were interesting.

I think the people here going on about the weather comments are taking it too seriously. That was probably filmed over a few hours to fill 30 seconds of the show. Was just guys fooling around.

Watching Kyler walk off the field after a loss saying "How many pre snap penalties we have?" was a joke. 5 of 10 drives were 3 and outs. We had 10 drives and scored two TD's and didn't even get in field goal range on 7 of the other 8. Wasn't no pre snap penalties that cost us the game.

Between touchdown #1 and touchdown #2 we had 7 consecutive drives that took a total of 15 minutes. That's barely more than 2 minutes per drive and didn't score any points on any of them while keeping the defense gassed.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another thing that stood out for me was there we saw clips of various position coaches talking with their guys over the course of the show except Cam Turner.

Cam Turner was just sat there quiet staring at a tablet every time he was on screen. Even in the QB room.

I think we need a new QB coach.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

I think the people here going on about the weather comments are taking it too seriously. That was probably filmed over a few hours to fill 30 seconds of the show. Was just guys fooling around.

Watching Kyler walk off the field after a loss saying "How many pre snap penalties we have?" was a joke. 5 of 10 drives were 5 and outs. We had 10 drives and scored two TD's and didn't even get in field goal range on the other 7 of the other 8. Wasn't no pre snap penalties that cost us the game.

Between touchdown #1 and touchdown #2 we had 7 consecutive drives that took a total of 15 minutes. That's barely more than 2 minutes per drive and didn't score any points on any of them while keeping the defense gassed.
it wasn’t just the weather incident. It was Budda having to scream at his teammates to “watch more film, recover” that was most telling.

If the head coach can’t get his players to watch film and also lets his players nurse minor injuries and sit out practice, that is a really strong indictment against the head coach.

No accountability at all on this team. Kliff says it’s on him every week but then says “we like where we are headed” when asked again about giving up play calling duties.

Pathetic all around.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I found it hilarious how Vance said “We talked about the boot!” just for the defense to get abused by it….AGAIN. Obviously doesn’t get talked about enough since it’s the main reason the Rams have beaten us with it all these years later.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I found it hilarious how Vance said “We talked about the boot!” just for the defense to get abused by it….AGAIN. Obviously doesn’t get talked about enough since it’s the main reason the Rams have beaten us with it all these years later.
That was frustrating. Good to see that it wasn’t due to scheme, but really frustrating that our players are that freaking stupid.

Someone should get benched for that crap.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
My take away is KK solidified (in my mind anyway) that he is just not a head coach, vapid words that no one pays attention to, has no leadership skills whatsoever and looks lost most of the time, I know it's a reality show and edited for drama but man he just commands no respect.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Makes it sound like a player problem, if the coach has pounded it into their heads. And I say that as a Vance hater.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kyler takeaways: Really bad pouting alone in the walk back to the locker room, then in the locker room. Not a leader leading at all. Also the whole shifting blame with the pre-snap penalties comment. Dude, you're showing abysmal leadership. Do better. He gets some slack for the 2nd half and leading up to the next game, dealing with the hammy. Should he have been pulled in the 2nd?

Otherwise, I love me some BB. Dude has heart for days and backs it up. Sucks he's hurt. This organization is clearly a joke. The look on Keim's face said it all. HBO really tried to slobber all over the defense when they weren't good a lot in this game. And, unfortunately, this show isn't going to go in depth into the complete dysfunction of the team, it seems. That's unfortunate.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it wasn’t just the weather incident. It was Budda having to scream at his teammates to “watch more film, recover” that was most telling.

If the head coach can’t get his players to watch film and also lets his players nurse minor injuries and sit out practice, that is a really strong indictment against the head coach.

No accountability at all on this team. Kliff says it’s on him every week but then says “we like where we are headed” when asked again about giving up play calling duties.

Pathetic all around.

That's just something players say. The answer to all problems is "watch more film". That's just Budda saying work harder. He don't know how much film everyone is watching.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler takeaways: Really bad pouting alone in the walk back to the locker room, then in the locker room. Not a leader leading at all. Also the whole shifting blame with the pre-snap penalties comment. Dude, you're showing abysmal leadership. Do better. He gets some slack for the 2nd half and leading up to the next game, dealing with the hammy. Should he have been pulled in the 2nd?

Otherwise, I love me some BB. Dude has heart for days and backs it up. Sucks he's hurt. This organization is clearly a joke. The look on Keim's face said it all. HBO really tried to slobber all over the defense when they weren't good a lot in this game. And, unfortunately, this show isn't going to go in depth into the complete dysfunction of the team, it seems. That's unfortunate.

They were good for a lot of the game. The kept us in it. Lots of 3 and outs and stalled drives in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, scored a defensive TD. We were only within 3 entering Q4 because of them.

Went down hill in the 4th quarter but by then they had played about 5 quarters worth of football.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Watching Kyler walk off the field after a loss saying "How many pre snap penalties we have?" was a joke. 5 of 10 drives were 3 and outs. We had 10 drives and scored two TD's and didn't even get in field goal range on 7 of the other 8. Wasn't no pre snap penalties that cost us the game.

Yo. That day was last week. It was cold as balls. No problem with them being cold.

Do have a problem with the coaches not having their scripts laminated. That's easy prep stuff. They knew it was going to rain.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
After watching that episode, it became clear as day that our ENTIRE coaching staff is soft. They all need to be fired. I’d maybe keep the DL coach, but that’s it. I thought our WR coach was going to literally kiss Hop’s behind! It’s no wonder that this team is undisciplined & isn’t properly prepared to win games in crunch time.
You are a reflection of your leader. Kliff is the douche-king IMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yo. That day was last week. It was cold as balls. No problem with them being cold.

Do have a problem with the coaches not having their scripts laminated. That's easy prep stuff. They knew it was going to rain.

I'm guessing script lamination and weather forecasts is something they expect assistants to handle.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I posted this a couple weeks ago & it got disputed by Keim’s #1 fan on here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

But can anybody else really dispute this? Indy might have taken the lead though tbh

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Pathetic all around.
Couldn’t agree more. There is no one listening to Kliff in that locker room. And as much as too many on this board want to blame Murray for so much of what ails us, Murray is completely frustrated and done with Kliff. Murray has been frustrated with Kliff’s calls since year 1. I don’t think Murray was enamored with Kliff @ A&M, and I‘ve heard he did his best to avoid Kliff when Kliff was doing his best to recruit him to TT. If Murray had been drafted by the Cardinals BEFORE Kingsbury was hired, there’s no way that would have been a choice of his. And also, I found it disgusting that Kliff spent so much of his time literally begging his players to play better?? If that didn’t reek of a team that has quit on him, then nothing else will. Same with VJ, and almost all the other coaches, with maybe the exception of the DL coach Burke. Other than Budda, that is a very disinterested football team. Keim KNOWS it. You could see it on his face. But, boy, Michael sure does seem clueless if he can’t sense that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose