Watching ASU vs UofA

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Devision said:
Sorry but you are confusing every GM in the league with Isaiah Thomas (nuff said) Frye will be exposed just as your other cant miss center Woods.. Talk about homers, according to UA fans Ike is to short but S. Stoudemire isn't?

Your credibility just went out the door. Who mentioned anything about Stoudamire? I'm a UA FAN, but I still think Salim is too short. Can he be groomed to be a point guard? I don't know. I DO know, however, that he's taller than Nate Robinson, and everyone on this board is pegging him as the next coming of Steve Nash.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Devision said:
Sorry but you are confusing every GM in the league with Isaiah Thomas (nuff said) Frye will be exposed just as your other cant miss center Woods.. Talk about homers, according to UA fans Ike is to short but S. Stoudemire isn't?
Yep, that's why the Warriors, Lakers, and now apparently Jazz are considering Frye in the Top 10. "Can't-miss Loren Woods?" Um, Woods was drafted in the bottom half the second round smart guy. The Woods comparison also could be somewhat valid until you consider the fact that Loren has been a headcase since his Wake Forest days where Frye has been model citizen at every stop.

And when did any UA fan on this board say Salim's height isn't a problem?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Your credibility just went out the door. Who mentioned anything about Stoudamire? I'm a UA FAN, but I still think Salim is too short. Can he be groomed to be a point guard? I don't know. I DO know, however, that he's taller than Nate Robinson, and everyone on this board is pegging him as the next coming of Steve Nash.
Not to mention the fact that Nate played just as little PG at UW as Salim did at UA.

OP
OP
D

Devision

Rookie
Reaction score
OK, OK all you UA fans are right and I am wrong, Ike scores more with a better shooting percentage, blocks more shots, finishes better and gets to the line more often along with getting more rebounds yet Frye is better because he is 3 inches taller with less reach. Oh I forgot he was better because he was a Wildcat. Whatever....

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Devision said:
OK, OK all you UA fans are right and I am wrong, Ike scores more with a better shooting percentage, blocks more shots, finishes better and gets to the line more often along with getting more rebounds yet Frye is better because he is 3 inches taller with less reach. Oh I forgot he was better because he was a Wildcat. Whatever....
This is where you're clueless. NOBODY said Frye was better college player than Diogu. I invite you to find where somebody said that. What I'm saying is that Frye would be a better fit on the Suns and has more potential as a pro. It's not that far out of left field, every personnel guy in the NBA seems to agree with me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Devision said:

Are you kidding here? This sounds like a 6-year-old taking his ball and going home... You're putting words into people's mouths to support your arguement.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
This is where you're clueless. NOBODY said Frye was better college player than Diogu. I invite you to find where somebody said that. What I'm saying is that Frye would be a better fit on the Suns and has more potential as a pro. It's not that far out of left field, every personnel guy in the NBA seems to agree with me.

I agree.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

Will Frye be a better pro?

I would say that he has the potential to be a better pro. He will also have extra value due to his size.

Based on right now? It is pretty hard to argue against Ike having a superior first season. (Assuming both players go to systems that fit them)

I don't know which player I would rather have. Frye is the better fit for the system, but the Suns shouldn't be taking risks on this pick. If they wanted to do that, there are a couple other bigs with much more upside that Channing. Ike could play alongside Amare, or behind him. We would know what we were getting with him.

You are off base with your defense comments. Ike has shown that he can play D, but like Amare, he is far to valuable on offense to go all out.

I really don't have to argue my opinion anymore because it's fairly obvious you didn't see the games in question. Every GM and personnel guy (including the Suns) around the league knows who they'd rather have and Frye's ascension to the lottery combined with Diogu's fall proves my point. But you ASU homers who probably have only watched less than 10 games played by Frye and Diogu know more.

I only saw 1 of the 2 games. However, you cannot discount the stats. Did he play better? Yes he did. Of course, he was on a much better team (that ASU team still sucked) and had an extra year under his belt.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I wonder how Channing would have faired had he been the focal point on the offense...Diogu got doubled and tripled alot, yes, but he also had more scoring chances then Frye.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Since this has turned into a ASU vs UofA think I will move to college sports forum.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
SweetD said:
Since this has turned into a ASU vs UofA think I will move to college sports forum.
Not really, it's a Diogu vs. Frye argument. Where they went to school has little to do with anything.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Not admitting such is pretty ignorant but it is ASU basketball fans we're talking about so asking them about college baketball is like asking Rod Graves for draft-day trade advice.

you can take it to the smack board if you want, otherwise keep insults to yourself

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
you can take it to the smack board if you want, otherwise keep insults to yourself

If you can't prove something, you have to insult someone, that proves you know what you are talking about and the other guy is a moron.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
If you can't prove something, you have to insult someone, that proves you know what you are talking about and the other guy is a moron.
Yep, my argument was so horrible and baseless that even an ASU fan agreed with me.

OP
OP
D

Devision

Rookie
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Yep, my argument was so horrible and baseless that even an ASU fan agreed with me.

I think you read that wrong, I'm pretty sure he was talking about you..

rickrude

Reaction score
I am not going to argue over these two players, because quite frankly I like them both. But, I would like to point out a head to head matchup for Channing against a player we could argue is a legit prospect. Against Andrew Bogut and Utah, Bogut had 20 points 10 boards 0 blocks and 6 turnovers, Channing had 19 points 9 boards 3 blocks and 1 turnover. I like those numbers against a top 2 pick. What he did or didnt do against ASU doesn't matter. He showed up in many big games, and was a solid player for 4 years. Good luck to both Channing and Ike tomorrow.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I really don't have to argue my opinion anymore because it's fairly obvious you didn't see the games in question. Every GM and personnel guy (including the Suns) around the league knows who they'd rather have and Frye's ascension to the lottery combined with Diogu's fall proves my point. But you ASU homers who probably have only watched less than 10 games played by Frye and Diogu know more. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Ike's fall really hurt him............ :biglaugh:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA