Watching 2015 Highlights

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I needed a lift so I was watching some 2015 highlights on YouTube. What a difference a season makes. Don't get me wrong, some of the writing was on the wall last year so it is surprising that it wasn't a point to iron that out for this year. We had some of the same problems with many slow starts, deficient ST, poor decisions by Palmer throwing into traffic, inconsistent play week to week and half to half... but we had a different feel even when energy was low and it seemed like when we needed that boost someone like Fitz was there to make a big play on offense, or defense would come up with a big turnover or sack.

But something is different this year. If it were just on D I could guess some of our key vets leaving might have something to do with it. But it is on both sides of the ball. It feels like a contiuation from last season thru preseason until now. Remeber last year how it was always an issue of us not getting up for games and coming out flat at times. Even though we had a great record most of those games were comebacks or where we kept shooting ourselves in the foot and had to battle to win what should have been barn burners. They would always say it was either taking a team too lightly or looking ahead and if we won and when we lost it was just the motivation and reality check we needed to keep us grounded.

So now I'm left wondering if we were a good team getting lucky (like having a ball deflect off a helmet to Floyd for a TD lucky) or a great team not living up to its full potential. Did we peak because the players and/or staff got complacent? It can't be both ways...

I don't know the answer but watching some 2015 highlights is bittersweet now given what we are seeing this year.

One thing I do notice is plays on offense seem pretty bland this year. For suppsedly having one of the most complex playbooks on the planet it seems basic, predictable and stale. Palmers arm appears to have lost some snap. Protection hasn't been great and Palmer has been known to hold the ball for too long at times, but when it does come out it seems like DBs have a chance to close on it easier because it takes longer to get there. Maybe it's just my eyes but that is what it feels like looking at last year's tape.

What I do know is if nothing else is working then let's try to get the ball to Fitz because at least it brings energy to the crowd and team. Reliving many of those Fitz plays was great and if we don't hit our goals at the very least I would love to get some more of those memories out of the season.

Maybe it is all mental and it can be corrected and we go on a big run. If it isn't though and a shakeup is required with some of the coaches and certain positions, which I'm leaning towards, I worry it won't be done now and will only come after it is too late.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave