Washington at Cardinals gameday thread 9-20-20

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That's cool... and PFF also said:
  • Haason Reddick has certainly seemed to have found a home at outside linebacker. He finished with the highest PFF grade on the defense Sunday at 84.6, doing a stellar job stopping the run and pressuring the quarterback while holding up in coverage.

But then they said:
  • Kyler Murray was given an overall grade of 67.4, but Pro Football Focus was not as enamored with Murray's rushing performance as everyone else, as he was given just a 66.2 rushing grade despite averaging 8.4 yards per carry and scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
WTF?!

...dave

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder if they punished him for running when he had Hopkins open downfield? at 2:32
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And also we have to realize (even if I'm no PFF fan) our offense isnt designed to excel in PFF.

We throw lots of short passes and then throw deep (which can be hit or miss). Kyler doesnt really throw those tight window piercing the defense throws yet. He can do it, but we dont do that consistently on our offense.

Not sure about that rushing grade though.

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also at 3:02 he takes the easier/open throw to Fitz.

However, Dan has a step on Collins. If Kyler throws it over Dan's right shoulder/away from the safety its a TD.

I think he'll start attempting those type of throws in times as he gets comfortable. Now...just take the 1st down plays.

He obviously underthrew Andy. However, if not for that safety having 4.35 speed...It probably still would have went for a TD. Great recover. If thats Collins then Andy gets it and was still running.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, it looks like crap. Sloppy. Murray got sacked last week because of the stupid undershirt.

...dave
Coach still supports them because the players like the look

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also at 3:02 he takes the easier/open throw to Fitz.

However, Dan has a step on Collins. If Kyler throws it over Dan's right shoulder/away from the safety its a TD.

I think he'll start attempting those type of throws in times as he gets comfortable. Now...just take the 1st down plays.

He obviously underthrew Andy. However, if not for that safety having 4.35 speed...It probably still would have went for a TD. Great recover. If thats Collins then Andy gets it and was still running.

I'm very pleased with the play calling. KM is starting to make the the right decisions time and again. Throw to the open receiver and if its not there drop to a safer outlet.
This is not a no risk it no biscuit offense where most of the time with a less than stellar oline, older nonmoveable QB, and a 5-7 second drop it results in a no biscuit.
Just move the sticks, get the yards that you can and live for another set of downs. Keeps our defense fresh, off the field while tiring the other team's defense.
We are so close to being the "greatest show on bermuda grass!"

K1Day1

Free Agent
Reaction score
Arizona should be very happy.. This state has a good sports team again... Been quite awhile when any of us could say that we have a fun, exciting, good team..
Hope we all enjoy the ride...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal