Was Glennon hurt?

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Or did the Cards finally figure out that there was already enough film on him, to determine that he's garbage?

I'm not ready to declare Kanoff as the next pre-season QB with moxie and a ton of upside.... But based on the limited body of work, I'd keep him as my #3... Even if it only saved $1.50 on the cap.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was held out because of a forearm injury. He's day-to-day & expected to play in the next game. Or that's all BS coach speak & they're trading him to Buffalo since McCarron just broke his collarbone :) I hear Denver needs a QB too.

I'm mostly kidding about trading him though because I'm not sold on Kanoff. To me, it looks like Kanoff has too much float on his passes to be successful at the NFL level. He's a smart guy, but without zip on his passes he'd get eaten alive. At least Glennon has had some success at the starting NFL level... even if he seemed to be a shell of that player in the 1st pre-season game.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't get rid of Glennon. I want Bradford to play till he can't then you throw Glennon in there and only use Rosen as a last resort.

I spend all off season dedicated to building up the offensive line then I let Rosen go for it next year I do not want to run our rookie QB out there with this line.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Or did the Cards finally figure out that there was already enough film on him, to determine that he's garbage?

I'm not ready to declare Kanoff as the next pre-season QB with moxie and a ton of upside.... But based on the limited body of work, I'd keep him as my #3... Even if it only saved $1.50 on the cap.

They’re not keeping two rookies behind injury-prone Bradford on the depth chart.

My guess: Glennon is on the roster this season and next.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re not keeping two rookies behind injury-prone Bradford on the depth chart.

My guess: Glennon is on the roster this season and next.
+1

Hard to see Kanoff at 3rd string even though he has looked good so far. PS for sure

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
PS for sure

I agree that the Cardinals almost certainly would want him on their practice squad, but for them to add him he has to clear waivers first. After that, he would have to want to stay in Arizona. I think some teams use it as a strategy to add players to their final rosters only to convince them to stick on their practice squad later on. Also, Kanoff is from Princeton in New Jersey, and it is not farfetched to think that the Giants or the Jets or some other team in that region would want him on their practice squad, and maybe convince him to stay close to his home or convince him by offering him a lot of money. I don’t know. Teams tend to prefer to keep players who was with them throughout training camp on their practice squads, but they obviously also want good players and I think Kanoff has done well so far.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I agree that the Cardinals almost certainly would want him on their practice squad, but for them to add him he has to clear waivers first. After that, he would have to want to stay in Arizona. I think some teams use it as a strategy to add players to their final rosters only to convince them to stick on their practice squad later on. Also, Kanoff is from Princeton in New Jersey, and it is not farfetched to think that the Giants or the Jets or some other team in that region would want him on their practice squad, and maybe convince him to stay close to his home or convince him by offering him a lot of money. I don’t know. Teams tend to prefer to keep players who was with them throughout training camp on their practice squads, but they obviously also want good players and I think Kanoff has done well so far.
He went to Princeton, but he's a West Coast guy from LA.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He went to Princeton, but he's a West Coast guy from LA.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That’s right, Ron. My mistake, and thanks for correcting me. I do think, however, that my point is still relevant. He has lived in New Jersey for a number of years, so maybe most of his social life is in that area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave