Warriors @ Suns Tuesday game thread 11-30-2021

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are going to find out this week.

I think it will all come down to if our defense can slow them down or not, and if we can find a way to make ayton and McGee punish them inside.

I’m already have visions of Ayton being pushed out of position or the ball slapped away from his hands on post attempts.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SC might get 45 points this game. We are going to have to pitch a shutout with the other players or the steak comes to an end. I don’t think you can bank on stopping him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are going to find out this week.

I think it will all come down to if our defense can slow them down or not, and if we can find a way to make ayton and McGee punish them inside.

Who is king November may not be king come playoff time. Although I want the Suns to win badly it's a marathon not a sprint.

Can the Warriors play this way all season and through the playoffs? We will find out.

The Warriors will want to run the ball. The Suns will have to be patient and stay close.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea who is better, the records are too close to call. From highlights and box scores though, the Warriors appear to have been more dominant than we have against similarly weak opponents.

But we haven't played all that well despite the incredible winning streak so maybe we'll step up against the the team with the best record in the game?

Games in November and December don't mean all that much but the next 12 games (3 against GS) should tell us a lot.

95pro

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this game comes down to ayton.

Can he avoid foul trouble? I expect green to sucker him into some fouls.

Can he actually show up on offense? Getting 15 is ok but it’s a null 15 points. We want impact. We want to see progress.

We are actually the bigger team. Hopefully we can punish them inside. They have a championship core and we were almost there with our group. It’ll come down to execution.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SC might get 45 points this game. We are going to have to pitch a shutout with the other players or the steak comes to an end. I don’t think you can bank on stopping him.
They can have my steak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers. And if Curry gets 45, we're probably going to be in trouble. I don't expect we'll stop him, we just need to keep his efficiency down.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this game! 2 teams playing really well right now.

I feel that as long as Curry does't go off for 40+ the Suns win. 76ers put Thiable on him and held him to 26...no reason Mikal cant do the same. Go Suns!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this game! 2 teams playing really well right now.

I feel that as long as Curry does't go off for 40+ the Suns win. 76ers put Thiable on him and held him to 26...no reason Mikal cant do the same. Go Suns!
As great as Bridges is, they are two very different types of defenders. Bridges is a very man defender but a great team defender. Thybulle is just some bizarre genetic freak of a man defender. I’ve never seen anyone quite as gifted as he is defensively. If he had Bridges offensive game (which still has holes) we would be hearing about thybulle being considered one of the best in the league, that’s how great his man defense is. I’ve never seen anyone as effective in book as he was.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
On paper the Warriors are the better team and should beat us. Even if we beat the GS I feel like the Suns need to make another roster move to catchup to GS because they are not even at full strength. That is a scary thought.
I would very much like to see how you come to the conclusion that the Warriors are better than us right now on paper. Are you including Klay/Iggy/Wiseman who aren't going to play?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would very much like to see how you come to the conclusion that the Warriors are better than us right now on paper. Are you including Klay/Iggy/Wiseman who aren't going to play?
I think based on the numbers that were just posted they are better on paper. Score more, hold opponents to less, better record. Again, on paper, they have been better. Doesn’t mean they’ll win in the court.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think based on the numbers that were just posted they are better on paper. Score more, hold opponents to less, better record. Again, on paper, they have been better. Doesn’t mean they’ll win in the court.

It's hard to argue with the stats but when I responded I was comparing rosters.

Without a healthy Kay Thompson I don't think the Warriors are better especially considering they are missing other players as well like Iggy and Wiseman.

The Suns are missing players too.