Warriors @ Suns Thursday game thread 3-4-2021

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Oubre vs Nader.

Not saying Nader is a better player, but he might be a better fit on this team given the role necessary for him to play. I do not think Oubre could have handled the reduced role. Nader also seems like a more physical player, though Oubre played physical, just did not have the same frame.

Interested in your thoughts.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
So Oubre vs Nader.

Not saying Nader is a better player, but he might be a better fit on this team given the role necessary for him to play. I do not think Oubre could have handled the reduced role. Nader also seems like a more physical player, though Oubre played physical, just did not have the same frame.

I agree with this. Nader is not the better player, but he does fit in well with the reduced role and gives this team a player that actually goes hard to the basket.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I agree with this. Nader is not the better player, but he does fit in well with the reduced role and gives this team a player that actually goes hard to the basket.
Would rather have Oubre if he was willing to fill a lesser role than he is used to. Being that I doubt he would be willing to do that I would almost rather just have what we have.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely missed the game, know it was a rout but apparently Jordan Poole really impressed. they've said he's lighting it up in the G League so good to see it in a real game albeit it a blowout loss

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Agreed. He functionally fills the same role (slasher who can shoot the occasional 3), though at a reduced price and a smaller ego. Not that Kelly had a gigantic ego, but Nader is more willing to come off the bench i think.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So Oubre vs Nader.

I think generally oubre has a higher ceiling and has obviously proven himself more, but I think Nader brings a strength and toughness that oubre doesn’t really have. Nader still got beaten by Lebron, but I’m willing to believe Lebron woke up the next morning with some bruises from Nader. That doesn’t happen with oubre imo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Completely missed the game, know it was a rout but apparently Jordan Poole really impressed. they've said he's lighting it up in the G League so good to see it in a real game albeit it a blowout loss
He was impressive

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Oubre vs Nader.

I really enjoy watching Nader play. Early on I thought his game resembled Oubre.

I like Nader's energy, willingness to take the ball to the basket but most of all defense. He is not afraid of anyone. Also Nader can shoot the three point shot.

Kudos to James Jones for getting him included in the Chris Paul trade.

Hopefully the Suns can keep Nader but like Oubre, he will become a free agent after the season. Hopefully the Suns have a better chance of keeping him. One thing for sure, the Suns are going to have to pay him more than his current contract of $1,752,950.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy watching Nader play. Early on I thought his game resembled Oubre.

I like Nader's energy, willingness to take the ball to the basket but most of all defense. He is not afraid of anyone. Also Nader can shoot the three point shot.

Hopefully the Suns can keep Nader but like Oubre, he will become a free agent after the season. Hopefully the Suns have a better chance of keeping him. One thing for sure, the Suns are going to have to pay him more than his current contract of $1,752,950.

He'll get a raise but nowhere near the 17.5 million or so that Oubre was making. I think a Javon Carter deal in the 3-4 million a year range is realistic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i feel like Nader is the athletic version of Jared Dudley when he was younger.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I said this elsewhere. Even how he was acquired as the throw in piece for a bigger star like how Dudley came with Jason Richardson. He was a fringe rotation player in OKC like Duds was in Charlotte. I can even see him playing some 4 if he adds some muscle.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'll get a raise but nowhere near the 17.5 million or so that Oubre was making. I think a Javon Carter deal in the 3-4 million a year range is realistic.

I'd be thrilled to re-sign Nader for a salary close to the Carter deal but I think it will be in the $5 million plus range. Maybe $6 million a year for 3 years. It's looking like the Suns may have overpaid for Carter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe in terms of versatility.

I prefer to think of Nader as a lesser version of Kelly Oubre because he has similar skills. He could start in a pinch at small forward or guard. I like the way he slashes to the basket on offense. When the Suns are standing around, he will try to get them an inside basket.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jared Dudley played more minutes than Nader before he got here, and he was younger than Nader.

However Nader played on winners in his first three years. Those CHA teams were not good. Nader has inculcated winning habits (see this especially on defense), by playing in serious programs. Also, the more coaches have seen him, the more run he has received. Maybe won’t get any playoff run, but it’s always nice to have guys that can play and give rest to key players during the regular season.

Nader:
2018 (Boston, 55-27): 48 games, 522 min
2019 (OKC, 49-33): 61 games, 694 min
2020 (OKC, 44-28): 55 games, 867 min

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Finally reading through the comments, Nader. Kind of reminds me of a Matt Barnes without all the 'edge'.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose