Warriors at Suns Game Thread Home Opener

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Got back from the game.

The Good-
Love the intensity on defense. Very few lapses on defense.
Nash 20 assists. I had to reread the scoreboard when I saw it at 14 early in the third.
Loved that Gentry was quick to insert Clark in the game.
Outrebounded the Warriors

The Bad-
Missed too many free throws. (From players we aren't used to missing a lot)
Too many turnovers 23!!!!! (I know some of these were for offensive fouls but still!)

Obviously neither list is comprehensive but wanted to give a little feed back.

I went to the game too. We left like 9 points on the court because of all those damn missed FTs. It seemed like for 4 consecutive trips to the line, they missed 1 of 2.

The refs were calling offensive fouls on both sides of the ball like it was a contest. Those calls were very ticky tack (especially the obvious GSW flop, I think it was Curry)

Frye was insane tonight. 22 pts 6 of 7 3pts. +17. 8 boards 3 steals!! If this guy performs consistent like this, we may have gotten a steal in free agency. Plus, he's from UofA, so he already gets the thumbs up from me. :raccoon:

Hard to argue with a 22 point beat down though. I came out of this game with the thought that this team is still capable of winning 50 games, as long as they take care of business at home.

:suns:

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Amare's biggest probelm is his conditioning right now. He looked like he was breathing pretty hard midway through the 1st qtr.

Yeah... Apparently lying face-down for 22 hours a day, for ten days straight isnt really good for you....

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems the Channing Frye experiment is working. If he can pull down 8 boards a game, and block a shot each contest, it will be way better than I expected. He obviously can shoot the 3 which is such an important weapon in today's NBA. The combination of production at center and off the bench has been a pleasant surprise.

Gentry seems to be pretty solid too. I had not expected much from him.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Anyone see the Nash/Frye 3 bombing orgy in the 4th quarter as a big "FU" to the Golden State franchise? I LOVED it. Who keeps their starters in with a 20pt lead with 5 minutes left in the game and launches 3s all day? It was a straight up dick move to get 20 assists and to show them you don't renege on a gentleman's deal. Salt in the wound motha@#$@a!

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
That was a great game. Nash these last two games is playing like 3 or 4 years ago. Hill playing great. Frye for 3 X 6, green light that shot. Amare drawing charges = Amare improving on defense and Refs giving Amare some respect.

Love to see Amundson's blocks. Barbosa is finishing his drives strong to the hoop. Dudley is like a Swiss army knife does a little of everything well and is great to have. Dragic looks like he is learning some things from Nash and he hit the weights over summer. Clark looks like he will be good pick for us this year and just needs playing time.

it's easy to sum it up = Gentry on the right track or a better one than last year.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
With J-Rich coming back tomorrow, this team not only gets deeper, but the talent level increases 10 fold

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone see the Nash/Frye 3 bombing orgy in the 4th quarter as a big "FU" to the Golden State franchise? I LOVED it. Who keeps their starters in with a 20pt lead with 5 minutes left in the game and launches 3s all day? It was a straight up dick move to get 20 assists and to show them you don't renege on a gentleman's deal. Salt in the wound motha@#$@a!

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

Agreed :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LB should start.

Are you talking about a game or two or long term? If long term I'd have to disagree. I love watching Barbosa play but he can do his damage even when surrounded by less skilled teammates. And I really doubt that Richardson can match the punch that Leandro gives us as a 6th man.

Steve

cly2tw

Reaction score
Guys, let's calm down a bit. We almost lost to Clips. Nash got abused by Davis in that game but had enough energy to pull us off, early in the season and against rather suspect Clippers' defense. Also, both GS and LAC have small SGs that are good matchup for LB. With most other teams, LB would have bigger problem on defense than JRich and the former produces much better than the latter anyway. So, let's keep JRich as starter for now. The season is still young.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Remember Amare is still not 100%, and earl Clark will get better as the season progresses.. even though its still early in the season, I still reckon we can make the playoffs.

Do you think this team is stronger than last year's team?

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Guys, let's calm down a bit. We almost lost to Clips. Nash got abused by Davis in that game but had enough energy to pull us off, early in the season and against rather suspect Clippers' defense. Also, both GS and LAC have small SGs that are good matchup for LB. With most other teams, LB would have bigger problem on defense than JRich and the former produces much better than the latter anyway. So, let's keep JRich as starter for now. The season is still young.
I'm sorry, if nash got abused by davis, how did he get 20 assists? And what statement would you use to describe what nash did TO davis???