Warner MVP?

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The problem is there are too many guys this year whose team would collapse without them. That's how I define value. Sadly, it's hard to quantify with lineman (such an unsung position) but much easier with QBs, which is why they're so often favorites for the award.

The Colts are Manning. When Dungy was there and Freeney was at his peak you could have said they'd be able to gut out some wins. But Manning is the last of the true on-field generals.

In much the same way a guy like Brees brings so very much to the Saints that I don't think a backup could bring 1/10th of it to the field if Brees were to drop. I also don't know how good the perimeter weapons are without Brees (although they've show growth, especially Mecham). They could probably win more games than the Colts could if Brees were to go down (maybe one).

If Warner drops the Cards can gut out more wins than either of those teams. Same can probably be said with Rivers and the Chargers (I trust Norv to develop QBs, he's exceptional at it). Farve showed that on the right days he can take a playoff team and make them SB contenders, but that's still close to a 10-win team without him.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dang! I LOVE seeing Kurt's name linked with Johnny U's in the record books while Kurt is an Arizona Cardinal!!

Last edited: