Warner brings respectability to Cards forever

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
I hope aaron rogers stops the putting on the championship belt mimic before he pokes a sleeping BEAR again. Rogers did it in the pre-season game with us also.

Hope the young'en learns not to disrespect his upcoming apponent.Big lesson for the cocky kid.Glad he was taught a painfull lesson.Ihanks Wisconsin for bringing your tourist $$$$ to Glendale.

My newest information is different from what I posted yesterday.I fear Kurt Warner is hanging it up after this year NO MATTER what happens in the playoffs and possible Super Bowl.

He's gonna go out on top unlike Elway who needed a awesome running game to win his only 2 SB's.

SHAME ,I can see 2-3 more SB runs if Warner stays.The concussion hype has scared him PERIOD.Sad to me although I've had my memory losing concussions.At almost 60 I really have vert poor memory;short&longterm.

CARDINAL fans can hold their HEADS HIGH forever now.Even if you already did anyway.

I think Kurt continues this run in Miami.HE IS ONLY a few % points away from my friend Bart Starrs alltime playoff qb passer rating.I believe after yesterdays game it is now Bart 104.9 to Kurt's 104.6.That should change spots SAT.

Kurt needs Redemption in Nawlins as he lost barely to the saints in the old dome in 2000 playoffs and lost superBowl 36 by the refs and 3 points in Nawlins too in 2001.Its time to exercise those demons once and for all this week.

Hope the fans plan a sendoff for the team plane like they did for the Panther game last year.GO CARDINALS.Hope something can change Warners mind.A great win did'nt do it.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope aaron rogers stops the putting on the championship belt mimic before he pokes a sleeping BEAR again. Rogers did it in the pre-season game with us also.

Hope the young'en learns not to disrespect his upcoming apponent.Big lesson for the cocky kid.Glad he was taught a painfull lesson.Ihanks Wisconsin for bringing your tourist $$$$ to Glendale.

My newest information is different from what I posted yesterday.I fear Kurt Warner is hanging it up after this year NO MATTER what happens in the playoffs and possible Super Bowl.

He's gonna go out on top unlike Elway who needed a awesome running game to win his only 2 SB's.

SHAME ,I can see 2-3 more SB runs if Warner stays.The concussion hype has scared him PERIOD.Sad to me although I've had my memory losing concussions.At almost 60 I really have vert poor memory;short&longterm.

CARDINAL fans can hold their HEADS HIGH forever now.Even if you already did anyway.

I think Kurt continues this run in Miami.HE IS ONLY a few % points away from my friend Bart Starrs alltime playoff qb passer rating.I believe after yesterdays game it is now Bart 104.9 to Kurt's 104.6.That should change spots SAT.

Kurt needs Redemption in Nawlins as he lost barely to the saints in the old dome in 2000 playoffs and lost superBowl 36 by the refs and 3 points in Nawlins too in 2001.Its time to exercise those demons once and for all this week.

Hope the fans plan a sendoff for the team plane like they did for the Panther game last year.GO CARDINALS.Hope something can change Warners mind.A great win did'nt do it.

Welcome to the "Golden Years". :D

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Warner denies rumors:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Warner-denies-retirement-rumors.html

Not sure if he'll retire or not, but just as last year, if he's playing at this level I don't see him walking away. Last year he was a free agent, lost Haley, lost Edge and had a hip problem to deal with.

This year, he's got pretty good health, is playing better than ever now that he and Whis have got the kinks worked out, a running game, better protection(okay, maybe only slightly but still better overall I think) and a developing sample of games that illustrate he can be successful without Boldin if he leaves.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really can't say enough about Kurt the last 2 years. He was incredible yesterday.

He had 4 incompletions, one was thrown out the back of the endzone on purpose, one was on target but tipped away by Woodson. One was his first pass of the game a slight overthrow of Hyphen on a wheel route. The other was a deep throw to Breaston that was rushed and I think he tried to backshoulder it and the ball came up short. He was absolutely remarkable yesterday.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Glad they let you post Doug-----You are probably right about Kurt's future. I think he and Brenda got a real scare with the consussion syndrome earlier. That coupled with his reaction to Q, when he got his face broken was heart wrenching for him. With so many young kids still at home, and the foundation to manage, I can easily see him walking after this season. He is definitely on top of his game, and has now thrown more touchdowns as a Cardinal than as a Ram. I believe yesterday's performance solidifies his place in the HOF, and that he just may surpass even Bart Starr as the top rated QB ever in post-season play.

Whatever happens, I wish him and Brenda and the kids the very best. They have earned it. I also hope that I have the opportunity to thank them sometime, and let them know how much it means to us old-time Cardinals fans that we are now a serious, and respected franchise around the world-----(talking heads excluded of course).

I really look forward to the NO game. I think that they peaked early and are no longer at the level they were earlier in the year. I just hope that our guys have some legs and lungs left after the exhausting effort they gave in the nest on Sunday. I saw Dockett's interview on the field after the game, and it was clear that he was spent. I also saw a comment that Rolle made after the game, saying that he gave it all he had for 165 plays, and didn't believe he had anything left for 166. Even Kurt appeared exhausted totally after that game. I remember what happened to Kellen Winslow after that great game where he was totally exhausted. He never was able to play like that again. I pray that we can recover mentally and physically for a Saturday afternoon game.

Good to hear from you again.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Doug glad you are back! I hope you stick around. I miss your posts and was really looking forward to your post season write ups. Go Cards!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You really can't say enough about Kurt the last 2 years. He was incredible yesterday.

He had 4 incompletions, one was thrown out the back of the endzone on purpose, one was on target but tipped away by Woodson. One was his first pass of the game a slight overthrow of Hyphen on a wheel route. The other was a deep throw to Breaston that was rushed and I think he tried to backshoulder it and the ball came up short. He was absolutely remarkable yesterday.

Seeing Manning play earlier this year gave me the ability to say that I've seen all the great one's currently in the game. I of course have seen other great ones in the past (Montana, Young, Kelly, Marino, Elway, Fouts, Esaison, Namath, Bradshaw....).
IMO, Warner ranks up there with the best of them. Watching him read a defense, step up to the line and make his pre-snap reads, and with all the confidence and courage a NFL QB needs fire the ball into places most other guys wouldn't even think about throwing it, and put in EXACTLY where it needs to be... it's simply amazing...
I was recently accused by some ****** here that my fanhood for Kurt extends "beyond the game/field"... Well, if that means that I have mad respect for the man both on and off the field, guilty as charged... The NFL would be a far greater game if it had more Kurt Warner's in the league!

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So glad you're back, Doug!

Obviously this is a decision Kurt and Brenda, their kids and probably their pastor will be praying about. I'll be praying as I did last year: that God guides them to the right decision and that Kurt and Brenda will have peace about it.

We can't thank Kurt enough for what he has brought to this team. I praise God that He put Kurt in Arizona. He's been a blessing, as we all know, to the team and the community.

After my heart was broken by "that woman" moving the Rams to St. Louis I have had to smile that I moved here, became a raging Cards fan, and got Kurt as MY QB after all. There's some kind of poetry in that.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Maybe if Billy makes a large donation to "First things First".We can get Kurt to change his mind and comeback with a Whiz promise of more protection next season in writing to Brenda.

Glad to be back amoung ya'll.Thanks Catfish for your prayers and frienship.Hope you fully recover from your own health scares.You've got ties to many of my brothers.GOD bless you all.

I can still use you guys' & gals prayers as I want to thank you all for past prayers.I felt them.Not out of the woods yet.So proud of coach Whiz and this bunch of CARDINALS.We are dangerous right now.I feel sorry for the saints and thier die hard fans.Especially after Katrina.

Next week I won't feel sorry for cowgirls fans.All 100K+ of them at the NFC Championship game.Way to go O-LINE you look AWESOME.Way to represent.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The team seems to love KW. Use his retirement as a rally point. However, being in the playoffs should be enough incentive but any little extra can't hurt.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer that he'll retire at the end of the season. He wants to go out on top, that's why he's playing lights out and so focused this post season.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer that he'll retire at the end of the season. He wants to go out on top, that's why he's playing lights out and so focused this post season.

The intense focus is really draining him.I can almost see him age by the minute.I'm not happy about it (retirement) but if we can win it all you can bank it.If we don't get the Lombardi this year its gonna pull real hard on him while he's pondering coming back to complete his contract.

IF he comes back he'll probably announce it before the season starts that this is his last season.So everyone will know all season.Like a victory tour for the CARDINALS.Or he'll put Matt's career in his thoughts as the team is set up for Him to take over.The guy is total class.I'm sure he truly wants Matt AND the CARDINALS both to continue successfully and longterm.

Warner will leave nothing on the field.He'll succeed or die trying.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave