Warner as a Quarterbacks coach?

OP
OP
gamebird98

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
agreed ....would like to see him working with Drew. I think Drew showed enough that he may be a very dependable quarterback for us.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Would love to see Kurt Warner coach the QBs like Larry Foote is coaching the LBers---with the option of becoming active before the first cuts.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He's the offensive coordinator now at Desert Mountain High, which is incredibly awesome.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would like to see this 'improvement' exist in game conditions before I say Warner has achieved anything with the Krapper :)

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would like to see this 'improvement' exist in game conditions before I say Warner has achieved anything with the Krapper :)

This !!!

I look back in time to the second Frazier --- Foreman fight , how we were going to see the New Joe Frazier with new management and trainers . Joe looked different for one (the 1'st) round . In round 2 , he reverted right back to the old Joe Frazier , and the same BAD THINGS that happened to Joe in the first fight happened to Joe again .

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Kaepernick worked out mostly with the QB coach at Exos Training Facility, Dennis Gile. A facility in the valley that many pro athletes work out at in the valley. Warner only shows up to that facility to work with any QB that is working out there that day once maybe twice a week.

If Warner were to take a coaching gig in the NFL full time he would be working more hours and making less money then he currently does as an analyst.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kaepernick worked out mostly with the QB coach at Exos Training Facility, Dennis Gile. A facility in the valley that many pro athletes work out at in the valley. Warner only shows up to that facility to work with any QB that is working out there that day once maybe twice a week.

If Warner were to take a coaching gig in the NFL full time he would be working more hours and making less money then he currently does as an analyst.

Voice of reason

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assistant coaching in the NFL is a tough job. Really long hours during the season, with no days off

Why would Kurt want to do that?

On top of that, the way Kurt played the game was special and the majority of NFL quarterbacks have zero chance of being so fast to read defenses and then deliver a strike on the numbers of the WR.

Kind of like how Magic Johnson and Larry Bird were not great NBA coaches. They, and Warner, were at a level of play you just can't teach.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Exactly. He is still coaching and coaching on his kids team. Less stress and gets the best of both worlds, coaching with his kid and still a annalist.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
agreed ....would like to see him working with Drew. I think Drew showed enough that he may be a very dependable quarterback for us.

Dependable?

He has that "crap I'm not sure I can get up" look everytime he gets hit.
That and MAYBE he get's to his second read about 1 out of every 20 attempts.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
1. We don't know that we didn't ask.
2. He's doing it so that he can coach his kid, I think Kurt would rather be a good dad at this point than an NFL coach.
3. He has a better job with the NFL Network.
4. Good players don't necessarily translate into good coaches so we can't guarantee he'd be good anyway (*cough* mean joe green *cough*)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave