War For The Planet Of The Apes

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've got people going ape (AHAHHAHAH!!!) over this movie. Is it really that good? I liked the first but didn't think it was great and I didn't even finish the 2nd movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got people going ape (AHAHHAHAH!!!) over this movie. Is it really that good? I liked the first but didn't think it was great and I didn't even finish the 2nd movie.

Skip it if you're not that into the series.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Wow, I just realized Mark Wahlberg's version is not counted as part of this trilogy. Cool, because that one was lame. I'll have to watch this series now.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing this again(and again) so i can just soak it all in without my ridiculous expectations.

This is my ridiculously awesome spitball throwback alternate ending btw
No avalanche. Near the end when the black & white uniformed(and concealed)soldiers arrived at the compound, there was an exciting moment there where i thought just maybe....possibly...there was a shocking reveal coming that these soldiers were in fact an ape army. An even further advanced group of apes who had traveled a great distance to locate, join and defend Caesar and his clan. Caesar dies.
roll credits

That also would have been a very heavy hearted revelation for Caesar and his story as well. After everything he and his kind(and us as the moviegoers) had gone through to get to that point in time...to find that he wasn’t alone in his struggle for Apekind and that his family and clan would finally be safe. It would also definitely be a bolder, more in your face way to introduce the idea of there being other intelligent apes in the world without having to introduce a comic relief character like Bad Ape.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Loved it.

This has been probably the most surprising trilogy for me. Really wasn't expecting much out of these three movies and they all have blown away my expectations.

Yeah, I was surprised by this trilogy as well. Solid story and the CGI was mind blowing.