Waiting to reserve judgement by game five

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Jetstream Green, Sep 9, 2018.

1. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Just thankful we don’t have sub-par thief like Kirk Cousins as our QB.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  2. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Perhaps. But how much success would Cousins have had last year on this team. And imagine the limited cap space we would have this year.

3. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Oh, it would have been terrible. I would have been SO wrong. But keep this in mind, I was also convinced we couldn’t get a QB besides the 5th in the draft, and I thought last year’s team still had a good amount of talent.

I was wrong, no doubt. But with the mix of dead cap money between Bradford and Rosen, we’re still in pretty bad shape.

4. slanidrac16

I wanted Cousins too. And the minute we signed Glennon and then Bradford I personally wrote off the season. I think Rosen would have benefited sitting for a year but that experience will probably help him in the long run.

Looking back Cousins had thielan, Diggs and Randolph to go along with a decent o- line and couldn’t get them to the playoffs. He probably wouldn’t have made it thru the year here.

5. slanidrac16

Yes a lot of us would have been wrong. The big difference is you’re going to be wrong two years in a row! Lol! :)

Krangthebrain likes this.
  6. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Holy fark... you consistently miss every point I make. I feel like I'm talking to Helen Keller.

From the Cardinals website:
    Seven months ago, he was the object of the Cardinals’ affection, as the team reportedly made a push to sign the veteran in free agency. Cousins instead chose the Vikings’ contract offer of three years and $84 million.

REPORTEDLY. What does reportedly mean? It means according to reports. The Cardinals web writers often know just as much as we do.

Where did the report that Cousins was offered come from? His agent? Cookie Monster? Who knows.

But we dont know it as fact.

7. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

I've had my share of misses over the years, but I'm learning.

8. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Yes, I know we don’t know it as fact, we don’t know a lot of things for fact. We don’t “know” if the Oakland A’s offered Kyler Murray an extra chunk of guaranteed money to play baseball over football. It was reported.

But it was reliably reported and enough for us to take it as a reasonable assumption that he still chose football.

9. fartblossom

fartblossom Registered

Somebody on this board likes to argue a lot. About everything. It’s gone from being slightly amusing to sad and embarrassing.