Waiting to reserve judgement by game five

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Jetstream Green, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I've debated your arguments point by point. Some I've let fall off because you and I aren't going to see eye to eye, like the Suggs argument. There's no debating with someone who refuses to acknowledge that even the greatest players in the world slow down with age, so why keep going?

But it's still ridiculous to say we had no offer out to Cousins when it's been reported by multiple outlets. Essentially you're saying that no sports journalism can ever be trusted unless we have it on videotape for you to review. Which is bogus.

2. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

No....do I need to type this again because you clearly dont understand? Maybe if I type one word per line you will get it?

We dont know if it's TRUE. The information came from his agent who had a reason to drive up his price.

You claim that it's TRUE. I claim that we dont know if it's TRUE for the above reasons. You blindly accept the words from his agent who has a few reasons to leak this info.

3. Krangthebrain

Yeah. Good football program overall. Good GM. Good coach. Maybe they are ready to take back the AFC East when Brady walks away.

4. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Okay, so, it's not 100%, lock it in stone, true. But can't you admit there's a VERY GOOD chance, with a lot of evidence pointing to it, that Keim pursued and offered an extraordinarily large, if not fully guaranteed, contract to Cousins, because multiple trustworthy sources reported it?

I'm not being Mitch here and pretending Keim and Bidwill dislike each other because Keim's eyebrow raised funky in a press conference, I am referencing multiple sources from an industry that is paid to do this professionally.

5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

6. cardpa

cardpa I'm all right

The article does make Keim look like a dufus. In it he's gushing about Rosen and how he hasn't been this excited about a QB in 20 years and he goes on and on and then this year he makes similar comments about Murray. Makes me believe Keim has no idea on how to judge a QB and he isn't capable of picking a good QB.

kerouac9, Krangthebrain and Solar7 like this.
  7. Krangthebrain

In Keims defense, QB evaluation is tough.

Bill Walsh gushed about Giovanni Carmazzi and passed on Tom Brady.

daves likes this.
  8. Krangthebrain

There is a chance. I've literally said that 4 or 5 times.

But it's not guaranteed.

And quoting the Cardinals website is laughable. Their writers know nothing more than you and I and what they see occasionally. It's one of the more frustrating aspects of being a Cardinals fan, the insiders don't know much.

9. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Okay, it's not guaranteed, but pretending like I'm a jackass for saying Kirk Cousins was someone I wanted, when it's pretty clear the Cardinals wanted him too, is silly. In the context of the argument, which is Keim's evaluations of QBs and whether or not he was just being savvy enough to know Kyler was going to be the best, I'm just trying to tell you we came very close to a situation where Keim would have been completely stuck not taking your boy.

I guess I'm really just saying, just because I once liked Cousins (and still think he'll rebound), doesn't mean you can dismiss my football knowledge. Our team was very likely prepared to make him the future, and it would have been a big mistake.

10. Krangthebrain

It's not pretty clear the Cardinals wanted him. Holy crap. It was RUMORED.

Rebound? He's never been a winner. What we saw from Cousins is his career arc.

11. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Dude, it’s not “rumored” when the Cardinals website talks about it, and when multiple sources go so far out of their way to explain that it’s a fully guaranteed contract matching the Vikings. You’re failing to see the difference between one guy on a message board saying Adrian Peterson is going to be traded on a Tuesday, and multiple plugged in, professional reporting sources putting their reputation on the line to say an offer was made but ultimately Cousins chose someone else.

That is reporting. These aren’t farces someone pulled out of their ass.

As far as Cousins “rebounding,” clearly you’ve forgotten they were a top 5 offense to start off the season and tailed off, resulting in the loss of their OC. Cousins is not a terrible QB. He’s in the middle of the pack, and not worth that contract, but it’s not like he’s Max Hall.

12. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

It would really be awesome if the pro-Murray and anti-Murray guys could all get together for a game of flag football, or basketball or something.

Get some pushing and shoving going.

It'd be fun, and we wouldn't dislike each other so much afterwards. :)

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    kerouac9 and Solar7 like this.
  13. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I’m 5’11, so dibs on starting QB. :p

kerouac9 and Krangthebrain like this.
  14. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

When you take a look at our cap last year I think any offer to cousins was pure window dressing.

15. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

We had the room to make the move. That was also covered. We restructured players and the way it worked out was to shift some of the money to this year.

We wouldn’t have gotten anything else but rookies and would have been terrible, but it would have worked.