Waiting to reserve judgement by game five

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Jetstream Green, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I agree, if our defense becomes top 10 again & the OL is even remotely decent, I think we will surprise plenty of teams this yr. Murray can scramble & throws so well on the run, the pieces we needed we got through FA & the draft. Only question marks for me is depth at a few positions. Those may be shored up when some vets are cut for little money. No one predicted the Rams worst to first 3 seasons ago either, why not us?

PACardsFan and daves like this.
  2. Cardsfaninlouky

He is but man, did he look horrible for us? Omg, I've never saw him look that bad. He seemed scared to throw the ball, as if he had not enough confidence to get it from point A to point B. I know McCoy's play calling sucked royal donkey ass but jeez, he looked awful. Would miss wide open throws 10 yds down the field. I'm still baffled at how bad he looked, I even remember how much I hated playing the Rams back in the day because of him lol.

3. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Always a Gentleman

It takes courage to say "I think this guy will be great for our franchise".

A lot has to go right to for a player to produce in a new situation. For every Karlos Dansby, there are 100 Buster Davis-es. For every Jared Veldheer, there are ten Mike Iupatis. It's difficult to identify which new players will really contribute.

But Krang and his compatriots have stood up for Murray, knowing that they are risking their credibility, and even some of the respect that they get from others on this board. Which is not a big deal, but it is something.

So I will thank you kerouac9, to, with your next post in this thread, applaud Krang for his courage.

And if you're looking to pick a fight, I'd prefer that you go to the Rams or 49ers' board.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  4. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

IDGAF about my credibility. Could Murray be a tremendous bust? Yes he could. Every player coming into the NFL has bust potential.

Why I stood on a soapbox for Kyler Murray is that he is the best path to this team being great. The kid exudes greatness. He's lost THREE football games in his life. That isn't a coincidence. Sure he has a small sample size at the collegiate level, but his sample size represents one of five greatest seasons ever by a college passer.

Josh Rosen is/was the diet coke of QBs. He is boring. His personality is boring, he looks boring, and the path to success with Rosen is boring.

I'm going to go all out for the kid because I believe in him.

There is a faction on this board (darksiders?) who literally question almost every move the Cardinals make because it's the safe move to make. They don't stick their neck out there for criticism because they care about being "right". And they usually are because the Cardinals have been historically bad so it's the easy stance to take.

5. Krangthebrain

He did, but I'm not certain that Rosen played better than he did. I'm pretty sure that over the course of the season, Bradford would've been better. I don't fault the team for seeing what they had in Rosen.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  6. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

When was the last time Bradford was healthy? When he was putting up Kirk Cousin garbage time stats over three years ago?

You can’t just pretend someone isn’t who they are. There’s no reality where Sam Bradford is good and healthy.

7. Krangthebrain

And there is no reality where Gabbert is better than Bradford.

8. ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals Registered

LOL! Judgement comes by half time of the first game

9. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

10. Cardsfaninlouky

They did give up on Bradford too quick. As bad as he looked in those first 3 games, I kept thinking eventually we would see the real Sam Bradford? We know the rest of the story. I hope & pray KM is as electric as his tape shows? I'm very excited to see him play. Preseason can't get here fast enough.

Crimson Warrior likes this.
  11. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

This is unhinged

daves, Cardsfaninlouky and SunsTzu like this.
  12. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

I've been on the Murray train from very early on, and like Krang, IDGAF about credibility. I've been watching this franchise for a very long time & the only success I've ever seen is when they had a good/great QB on the roster (Johnson, Hart, Lomax, and Warner). I was a huge Baker Mayfield fan during his time at OU, and honestly, I scoffed at those that thought Kyler would fill his shoes at OU. I tuned in to watch KM fail. I was always a traditionalist at the QB position. I was firmly in the 6'5" QB camp. It seemed the more I watched Murray, the more I was impressed. Yes, he can spin the rock. And yes, he could run like a deer. But this kid is far more than even that. Not only does he have eyes behind his head, but he seems to have them on the side of his head too. I'm sure that the LR coaching helped at OU, but he can read a D & expose it. He throws an effortless pass, can throw darts, and yet, can put air under it when necessary. How many taller QB's have we seen that could throw a ball through a brick wall, yet not have any touch whatsoever?? I'll go to bat for this kid. I think he has crazy skills, and understands the QB position in a way that few guys do coming out of college. He also has fire in his belly to win, yet does a masterful job of never letting it get the better of him. Can bad things happen? Absolutely. But, I haven't been this excited about Cardinal football in a long time. As Vance Joseph said in his interview, this kid is special & will drive DC's crazy trying to defend him.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  13. Krangthebrain

Shoot for greatness.

If you have the number one pick, make the pick that has the best chance of transforming your football team.

PACardsFan likes this.
  14. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

There's a chance I'm reading this wrong, so bear with me, but the only moves I question from the Cardinals are the ones where they're so obviously trying to be risky for the sake of being risky, instead of making smart, controlled football moves like the consistently winning teams in the NFL. Keim's playing monkey see, monkey do, but combining the moves of two different monkeys and using different tools.

Rod Graves was a human snail, and Keim is pretty much flinging poo at a wall and seeing what sticks at this point.

BW52 likes this.
  15. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Or if you have the number one pick, realize your team is awful and you need to rebuild at its core, not sign a bunch of flashy players and an offensive gimmick system coach and his high school crush.

BW52 likes this.