Waiting to reserve judgement by game five

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Jetstream Green, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Yeah...I should've said the Cardinals suck because their Madden rating sucked! :p

daves likes this.
  2. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

And the team is/was better than we saw...none of us knew just how bad Wilks and Co. were as a coaching staff.

Arians coached virtually the same team to 8 wins.

3. BurqueCardFan

BurqueCardFan Registered

But according to most of the Murray supporters, Rosen was a big part of the problem, not the coaching staff

Solar7 likes this.
  4. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

The team is independent of the coaching staff. C'mon. This team didn't end up picking #1 overall on accident. Bradford turned out worse than Blaine Gabbert and Drew Stanton.

Arians is an incredible coach. I tried to explain that to people last season when they were like "Acutally, Wilks is BETTER THAN ARIANS who Sucked DUR DUR DUR." You have people who are STILL saying that actually Kliff Kingsbury and his losing college record is probably going to outperform Arians this year.

Solar7 likes this.
  5. daves

daves Keepin' it real! Contributor

I've always agreed!
    Haha, who said THAT?! You should've quoted THAT post & replied in that thread! No one said that here... "Give the team 4 games before judging" is the most defensive thing anyone said in this thread.

I've seen a lot of optimism regarding the current staff (and I'm one of the optimists), but I haven't seen more than one person who predicted a better record than Arians' 10-6 record in his first season with Arizona, and I'm not sure that was serious... it certainly wasn't justified by claims that Kingsbury will be better than Arians.

Not sure what the point of your post was... maybe just to stir up some arguments?

...dbs

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  6. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

My most passionate and unpopular opinions usually end up being right. People thought I was a hater when I said that Marcel Shipp and Michael Pittman sucked and Thomas Jones was the truth. Look back on the old Daryl Washington threads about whether he was a leader.

I was skeptical about Arians and Palmer, and that turned out to be wrong (thankfully).

7. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

You dig up this thread to somehow bash on Murray? Aren’t there enough threads with an actual nexus to Murray in which to do that? The lengths the Murray haters go to . . .

8. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Eh, once I knew McCoy was hired, I knew this team was going straight to hell. Good thing I was away when Bradford got signed.

Krangthebrain and daves like this.
  9. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

In retrospective... seems the Cardinal front office said Jet was wrong and knew this coaching staff sucked by game two lol

10. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/f...tic-thru-ps-game-2.277500/page-2#post-3763335

I didn't want to spend too long digging this up, but this is a good start on people who were ready to throw Arians overboard for Wilks on zero evidence.

11. Proximo

Proximo Registered

It's not so much Rosen was the problem, as he was not a solution. He did not make great plays on his own like great players do.

Rosen can be a mediocre QB - he shows no ability to be a star. You have to take a QB with star potential when you get the chance.

daves and Crimson Warrior like this.
  12. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

Rosen was a part of the problem. I don't think that most or maybe even any of us would suggest that Rosen was a BIG part of the problem last year. Of course Rosen should get let off the hook a little as well as he was just a rookie, but to make it sound like he played absolutely no part in the team's futility last year is simply revisionist history.

PACardsFan and daves like this.
  13. daves

daves Keepin' it real! Contributor

I agree completely with the assertion you made there that Arians was a great game day coach - an assertion that was challenged by Lagerfilled... but I still didn't see anything that resembles your straw man: "Acutally, Wilks is BETTER THAN ARIANS who Sucked DUR DUR DUR."

...dbs

14. TJ

TJ Suge White

Name one player on offense last season that showed star ability.

DJ was substandard, Fitz looked old, the offensive line was a disaster, and Bradford played like he'd never seen a football before in his life.

When one or two players don't play up to par, it's likely a player issue. When every player on offense has either their worst or near-worst statistical season in their careers, that's a coaching issue.

15. BW52

BW52 Registered

It is too easy and simplistic to blame a big part of last season on a rookie QB(Rosen).Yet the same people persist in kissing Murrays ass and thinking he will be the " transcendent" QB who leads the Cards to the promised land in spite of the lack of success of short QBs in the NFL.
    I did notice that a lot of season predictions did mention several 4-12 to 7-9 season.Funny how the excuses popped out (rookie QB,injury prone OL,rookie WR,rookie HC) when predicting Murrays rookie season and yet those same things mentioned in Rosen's rookie season are basically skipped over and scoffed at.