Waiting to reserve judgement by game five

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Jetstream Green, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

New coaching staff, and with this comes a influx of changes. I really do not see how someone with any common sense say Wilks is a horrible coach at this moment. I can see why someone might say McCoy is too conservative and the problem, but jumping on Wilks on game one with no track record to compare is complete boulder dash. Keim has not drafted well in early rounds but this year's draft class looks like he learned a lesson and adapted. This OL does not suck, but maybe Bradford is too skittish because the guy had time and seemed to be playing with a limited pocket clock. Our DC has never been a DC, give the man some time to not only coach but like Wilks see what we really freaking have after the first real NFL competition. Maybe Wilks does not work out and maybe Bradford is not the short term route to keep Rosen back as he serves as a student, but this forum right now is acting like a generic template of the typical fan who has no patience. Worst game ever, worst coach ever, after game one... really

2. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

With all due respect Jetstream, this team is in big trouble. The sad part is Keim is entrenched in this years decisions. If ( and I believe it will) things go completely south, what do we do?

3. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

What seemed so disheartening was all of the team's flaws were on full display. There's no easy fix for any of them, it appears. LB is totally over matched, receivers??

Pathetic effort today which I don't think many of us expected. Play hard and lose, yeah. No show was very hard to stomach.

Buckybird likes this.
  4. PJ1

PJ1 Registered User

Wilks says first of all his team will be physical. That was one of the softest performances I have seen from a Cardinal team in a long time.

5. Jasper

Jasper ASFN Contributor Contributor

We will be 0-4 before we get to game 5!

daves likes this.
  6. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

Maybe we should’ve handed out bigger bricks?

daves, Dayman and ARZCardinals like this.
  7. ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals Registered

That was the worst showing I’ve ever seen.
    I was at the game, we had 2 plays to cheer for....the rest was a stomping of our beloved bird.

juza76 likes this.
  8. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

You have a point...

daves likes this.
  9. Dayman

Dayman Registered

It is absolutely too early to make any definitive judgments about the team as a whole. However, there were enough glaring signs to cause legitimate concern about what is to come.

The team looked thoroughly unprepared and lifeless in the first game of the season. The coaches appeared to be incapable of making adjustments, as the Skins offense and defense repeatedly attacked the same areas of the field with similar plays. Problems about the team identified months ago by the semi-casual fan appear to be legit. Our GM just got out of jail and spent the majority of the preseason on suspension. Our OC pretty much lived up to the exact same stereotype that we all kept convincing ourselves wasn't true. Maybe the adjustments will come, and a win against the Rams would go a long way in erasing the memory of today's debacle. But these are not problems every team with new coaches and schemes go through. They are potentially systematic deficiencies at all levels of the organization.

Most teams at least have a brief honeymoon period after new coaches and schemes are installed. This team looked like it had already given up on multiple occasions today. In their opener. At home. Playing for a guy coaching the first game of his career. That is definitely not the look of a team headed in the right direction. And the astounding lack of starting-level players at some positions is not the look of a GM who has a grasp on what it takes to build a contender 6 years into his tenure.

daves, Ouchie-Z-Clown and MrYeahbut like this.
  10. cardpa

cardpa I'm all right

Sorry due to delays beyond our control the bricks haven't been delivered yet to hand out.

11. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

What you hope to see from here is improvement and development. If neither occur, you may scrap the whole thing after year 1. Not ideal, but you can't saddle Rosen with a Pagano/Grigson duo.

12. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

I like the overall thought process. Give the team some time, I think they are better than they showed this week.

13. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

I would like to think the same as well.

But, the alarming part of yesterday was they got beat badly on both sides of the ball. Badly!!! Two alarming things continued from preseason as well, poor run defense & terrible abilities by the offense to convert 3rd downs.

I’ve seen talented NFL teams fail miserably before during a season for whatever reason. I also think sometimes we as fans overestimate they actual talent our team has as well.

I think this team is in deep deep trouble, based on the schedule that lies ahead.

daves likes this.
  14. StreetTruckinTitan

StreetTruckinTitan Formerly NativeAZfan

Absolutely Jet. People are led by emotions good or bad. Yesterday was bad, no doubt. But its way to early to call the season. Just about every facet of the game suffered yesterday. I dont think that'll happen in the same game again? Give it some time peeps.

15. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

The tough part is that if you bring in a new GM, you want to let him pick his own coach. That may not be fair to Wilks, but you may still have to let him go along with Keim.

I'm not saying it will or should happen, but you can't let coaching/gm ruin the development of your franchise QB.