Vikings To Make Offer for Schaub?

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/16790969.htm

Word within NFL circles is that the Vikings haven't backed off in their pursuit of Atlanta quarterback Matt Schaub and will offer their second-round pick in April's draft and an offensive player — perhaps quarterback Brad Johnson.

This is the St. Paul Pioneer Press, so we all know their history about trade rumors. However, I think this one could be legit. I still think the Vikings are interested in a QB, despite what everyone says about Tavarius Jackson.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jackson still looked raw last season. I wasn't overly impressed but the guy has got some talent

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
The 1st and 3rd is if they just sign him to a contract. But, the Vikings can contact Atlanta and work out a deal for less than the 1st and 3rd.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Falcons are commited to Vick. It would make sense to trade Schaub this year as he would become an unrestricted free agent after the 2007 season which means the Falcons would get nothing for him.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Atlanta tendered him at $2.5 million. A team will have to give up a 1st and 3rd to get him. I doubt that will happen.

Unless Atlanta agrees to some other package. I don't see them doing it though. Vick has been erratic and had a bad year. He's on a short leash.

Question - Why aren't they interested in Quinn?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The Falcons are commited to Vick. It would make sense to trade Schaub this year as he would become an unrestricted free agent after the 2007 season which means the Falcons would get nothing for him.

True...they can't franchise him next year unless they trade Vick and I can't see them franchising a guy with a career 6td/6int resume.

If they can trade Schaub for a #1 pick, it's a no brainer.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the life of me, I do not get why Atlanta didn't take the deal when Oakland offered Porter, Moss and the #1 for Vick.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Atlanta SHOULD keep Schaub and make him the starter, trying to unload and possibly trade Vick for picks or players.

BUT, if they insist on keeping Vick as their QBOF, then they should trade Schaub this season to get something for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose