Vikings guy thinks Zimmer outcoached Kliff

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Arnold was a liability as a blocker. He was treated as a WR by opposing defenses

it matters because ideally -- if defenses matched Arnold by taking a DL or LB off and substituting a DB -- Arnold should make them pay via his blocking in the run game. He couldnt. So -- all subbing Arnold in got the offense was a king sized WR who wasnt a credible deep threat. (and BTW: this is why "Fitz as a TE!" doesnt work. Same dynamic).

Kittle and Kelce are great TEs because if they line up in line, they are outstanding blockers. The offense doesnt give up running capabilities with them in the lineup.
I saw a cornerback toss Arnold aside on a block last night.

He'd be the fifth option, maybe 6th option on this team.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think he gets more yards. Maybe a couple.

The difference between a 4.78 TE and a 4.63 TE over the distances Williams run are tiny.
Eh...I remember Peter Schrager saying Arnold runs much faster than that now. He came from a tiny college. Its possible the NFL training system got him faster.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe last weeks showing will wake Kliff up to that and we will get him more involved.
It's not as if Williams surprised Kingsbury with his performance... Kingsbury said that with Hopkins being doubled, he explicitly called plays to exploit Williams in the seams.

Makes sense that normally Williams should see fewer targets than Hopkins, Kirk, Moore, & Green, but Kingsbury obviously knows to use more Maxx when the defense takes the primary reads away.

...dave

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only reason the vikes had a chance was boneheaded interceptions by Kyler. That and an impressive first half.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've always thought he was underused in the passing game. Maybe last weeks showing will wake Kliff up to that and we will get him more involved.

He wasn't a 2nd round draft pick because he can block.

(Also as we like to slate Keim's FA signings it's fair to say that Williams has been an underrated good one)
He’s always been slow, but good hands and a great blocker. His injuries have turned him from slow to really slow. But he knows how to get open and catch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose