Victory vest

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another Gurriel contribution. Dude is locker room magic.

You have to decide what the future of this team is because having him show up and then walk like Martinez is the absolute worst outcome.

Extend him or trade him at his highest value

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another Gurriel contribution. Dude is locker room magic.

You have to decide what the future of this team is because having him show up and then walk like Martinez is the absolute worst outcome.

Extend him or trade him at his highest value
100%. They need to resign him

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
100%. They need to resign him
He would be a good DH, but there is some serious talent in the OF on the farm. The sad truth is $$$ needs to be spent on the BP. However I am intrigued about giving Jameson a shot as the closer

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would be a good DH, but there is some serious talent in the OF on the farm. The sad truth is $$$ needs to be spent on the BP. However I am intrigued about giving Jameson a shot as the closer
If we had a real owner, it would not be an either or question

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's my point. If they aren't going to resign him they need to deal him for that bullpen help.

Just letting him walk with no compensation is JD Martinez all over again

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
If we had a real owner, it would not be an either or question
well at the same time - Bally's is not paying their bills and did you see the attendance the last week for a team that now has the best record in the NL? Its still his $. If he walks the Dbacks should get come draft comps

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well at the same time - Bally's is not paying their bills and did you see the attendance the last week for a team that now has the best record in the NL? Its still his $. If he walks the Dbacks should get come draft comps

Kendrick hasn't spent money BEFORE the whole Bally's debacle.

And people are gun-shy about the Dbacks - why get invested and spend money on a team unless we have confidence that the owner will spend the money to keep the team competitive in the future.

Dbacks have also done a crappy job of keeping Chase user friendly (concessions bad, not enough open, place is dirty, etc).

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This thread is about how awesome the victory vest is. Not how cheap Kendrick is/isn't.

Feel free to start your own thread about though

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are zero draft comps in MLB for free agency. That is unique to the NFL

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
There are zero draft comps in MLB for free agency. That is unique to the NFL
If the team that loses the player does not receive revenue sharing and did not exceed the luxury-tax salary threshold the previous season, its compensatory pick will come after Competitive Balance Round B. The value of the player's contract doesn't matter in this case.

"There is also a Competitive Balance Round B, which takes place in between the second and third round of the draft. Eight teams will have selections in Round B, due to the loss of certain players from the 2020 roster."

If the Dbacks make a qualifying offer to a player and they still leave via FA they can be compensated

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the team that loses the player does not receive revenue sharing and did not exceed the luxury-tax salary threshold the previous season, its compensatory pick will come after Competitive Balance Round B. The value of the player's contract doesn't matter in this case.

"There is also a Competitive Balance Round B, which takes place in between the second and third round of the draft. Eight teams will have selections in Round B, due to the loss of certain players from the 2020 roster."

I stand corrected!

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I stand corrected!
I only figured it out when i was watching the draft once and i thought what are these comp picks for - and it was briefly stated it was comps for losing a player to FA (there are still stipulations) but they actually have to do something for the small markets who get their good players ripped from them by the big market teams.......OR it would be nice if MLB would actually enforce a salary cap which helps small market teams in the NFL compete