Venom: Let There Be Carnage (AKA Venom 2)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Venom: Let There Be Carnage​

Release Date: October 1, 2021
Studio: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Director: Andy Serkis
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, some strong language, disturbing material, and suggestive references
Screenwriter: Kelly Marcel, Tom Hardy
Genre: Action | Sci-Fi | Thriller

Starring: Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, Naomie Harris, Woody Harrelson, Stephen Graham, Reid Scott

Plot Summary: Tom Hardy returns to the big screen as the lethal protector Venom, one of MARVEL's greatest and most complex characters.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh

Make the damn movie rated R just do it. Stop trying to make Venom a buddy cop movie.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Meh

Make the damn movie rated R just do it. Stop trying to make Venom a buddy cop movie.
They probably made it PG-13 to get by the Chinese censors so that it could be released there. The first Venom did $270m of its $640m international box office in China. It sucks that a lot of movies are being watered down due to that market.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lol. I found this potentially more entertaining than the movie. He could be onto something.

I didn’t like this at all mostly because I know what it could’ve been. So much potential there and they were just lazy with it however it killed it at the box office and people in the theatre were laughing it and I’m just sitting there like how on earth do you find this funny.

Did 90 million. way ahead of projections. Maybe I’m out of touch

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn’t like this at all mostly because I know what it could’ve been. So much potential there and they were just lazy with it however it killed it at the box office and people in the theatre were laughing it and I’m just sitting there like how on earth do you find this funny.

Did 90 million. way ahead of projections. Maybe I’m out of touch
Yeah. The way this guy was talking in the review just hit home with me about how I like my movies as well. Hell, if I'm gonna spend that cash for a movie experience I want some bang for my buck. Lazy writing drives me nuts...(or yes...maybe I'm out of touch with todays writing/comedy).

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The movie was OK. Nothing memorable although the end credit scene was pretty badass in terms of what it means for the MCU.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent seen the OG venom but carnage was always my favorite comic villain and being played by woody is the most ideal situation ever.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The movie was OK. Nothing memorable although the end credit scene was pretty badass in terms of what it means for the MCU.
This. I was most excited by the end credit scene. Boys were split which was better the first or second venom.