Vegas Odds of the Suns winning the Championship

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wasn't it something like 60 to 1 before the playoffs started, or something crazy like that? I can't seem to find the old odds just the new ones.. Before Harden got hurt after we beat the Lakers I know now it was 8 to 1. If it was ever 10 to 1 or higher, I would have thought the Suns would not have been a bad bet at all. Not just because how good the Suns really are but all of the injuries.

The lakers and Nets for instance were hurt all year, why did the odds makers just assume that they would be healthy throughout the playoffs? I would have thought the odds were 50/50 that there would be injuries on both the Lakers and the Nets and that has happened. The clippers choked last year along with the Bucks.. The Suns have played well with the Jazz and they have had their own injuries. The 76er's haven't really proven anything, are in the weaker East and rely one one player for most of their success who is now injured. I'm not really a gambler but I just find the odds really strange.. I would give the suns 1/3 odds to win it after we beat the lakers and before Harden got hurt and 1/5 before we played the lakers but with the Nets potentially having some injury down the road.. didn't expect it to be in the 1st minute of their game though!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it something like 60 to 1 before the playoffs started, or something crazy like that? I can't seem to find the old odds just the new ones.. Before Harden got hurt after we beat the Lakers I know now it was 8 to 1. If it was ever 10 to 1 or higher, I would have thought the Suns would not have been a bad bet at all. Not just because how good the Suns really are but all of the injuries.

The lakers and Nets for instance were hurt all year, why did the odds makers just assume that they would be healthy throughout the playoffs? I would have thought the odds were 50/50 that there would be injuries on both the Lakers and the Nets and that has happened. The clippers choked last year along with the Bucks.. The Suns have played well with the Jazz and they have had their own injuries. The 76er's haven't really proven anything, are in the weaker East and rely one one player for most of their success who is now injured. I'm not really a gambler but I just find the odds really strange.. I would give the suns 1/3 odds to win it after we beat the lakers and before Harden got hurt and 1/5 before we played the lakers but with the Nets potentially having some injury down the road.. didn't expect it to be in the 1st minute of their game though!

Keep in mind that the odds aren't based on what the oddsmakers expect to happen, it's just a betting line. They want to zero out as many bets as they can.

I don't see us 3 to 1 even after beating the Lakers. I think we're better than Dallas but beyond that, there isn't a team left in the playoffs that we are comfortably superior to. Other than a healthy Nets team, there isn't a team that's comfortably better than us either unless the Clippers decide to finally play up to their talent level.

Right now, I'd rank the remaining teams as Brooklyn, Milwaukee, LAC, Phoenix/Atlanta/Denver, Phi and then Dallas even though they may well knock off the Clippers. And if Embiid can somehow play well even with his injury, I'd move them up with LAC. And if CP can come all the way back I'd move us up above Atlanta and Denver. And the gap between the Bucks all the way down isn't that great until you get to Dallas. IOW this is just about as open as the NBA playoffs ever are.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose