Vance Joseph

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You think it was lack of effort on the interior? I think it’s lack of talent despite what some posters were assuring us of in preseason. They just had their lunch money taken from them.
I thought the lack of talent was a given, but yes, we kinda suck at nose tackle. I like Peters, but he has no business starting in this league, especially coming off of a shredded knee.

With garbage talent, I want to see them try at least.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You think it was lack of effort on the interior? I think it’s lack of talent despite what some posters were assuring us of in preseason. They just had their lunch money taken from them.

They seemed to have no plan for the Vikings zone blocking scheme. I don't think their run scheme was particularly complicated. Seems to be the O line zone blocks in one direction and Cook 1 cuts back in the opposite direction.

Considering the 2nd half was much better seems like it was mainly a poor plan to start.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Today was mostly about poor execution as opposed to poor play design. Vance didn’t short circuit on the route on the 65 yard TD pass and he didn’t half-ass the effort on the interior.
I disagree. The effort was there but I wonder if he had the right personnel. Hicks is dead vs zone. He just doesn't have the ability to consistently be successful vs it. I also think he got away from his rotation which I understand but highlights the age of our guys.

Also, players were not staying square on the blockers, stringing them out, and then disengaging to make a play on the runner. They were getting too far into the gaps which was creating lanes.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I thought the lack of talent was a given, but yes, we kinda suck at nose tackle. I like Peters, but he has no business starting in this league, especially coming off of a shredded knee.

With garbage talent, I want to see them try at least.
Disagree. I think Peters and Lawrence are a great combo at the nose. Our issues are consistently setting a strong edge without being blocked out of the play as well as having DE's who can stay even and then disengage to make tackles.