Vance Joseph Extension should be on the cards

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know VJ is not a superstar of DCs. VJ has proven that his defense can be consistent enough that with an above average offense, team can win a lot of games.

They extended two bums in Keim and Kliff. It is time to extend Vance Joseph who has done more with less in my opinion for the Cardinals. It is easy to think Cardinals can do better than VJ and that probability is less than 50%.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That Kliff and Keim were extended and Vance Joseph was not should tell you everything you need to know.
Are you indicating they don't trust him? Or do you think there are some other factors in play?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think that Keim is embarrassed about Collins and Simmons and blames Vance. Vance will be the scapegoat for this season.
And thus the cycle is complete. Keim buys more life offering the sacrificial lamb. Part of why Cards will always suck. MB is the ultimate problem and he was given a lifetime extension.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest VJ fan but his defense has kept us in the past few games. He's looking for a HC gig so maybe that factors into an extension? Not that an extension wound matter though. That being said, as good as his defense has been playing...........he'll have us all complaining about him before long so I'm not crowning him yet lol.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that Keim is embarrassed about Collins and Simmons and blames Vance. Vance will be the scapegoat for this season.
Seems to me Collins is well on the way to becomming a good player, and Simmons had 13 tackles and nearly played every down yesterday, so I'm not sure there is going to be reason for embaressment by year end, in fact I doubt their will be.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest VJ fan but his defense has kept us in the past few games. He's looking for a HC gig so maybe that factors into an extension? Not that an extension wound matter though. That being said, as good as his defense has been playing...........he'll have us all complaining about him before long so I'm not crowning him yet lol.
This

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
are assistant coach contracts announced? just curious if its the case or not.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
My gut tells me VJ might replace coach Guru before long.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Y’know - Maybe MB means it when he says he plans to cast a wide net, & maybe he will let the process work itself thru until he’s completed a month’s worth if interviews. For this reason, I wouldn’t waste a lot of time focusing on every tiny nuance.

Or for that matter, VJ’s relationship inside the building.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Isn't already in another thread that Vance was in fact extended earlier, but it just didn't get any publicity over the big 3?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Y’know - Maybe MB means it when he says he plans to cast a wide net, & maybe he will let the process work itself thru until he’s completed a month’s worth if interviews. For this reason, I wouldn’t waste a lot of time focusing on every tiny nuance.

Or for that matter, VJ’s relationship inside the building.

I dont think MB was just disappointed in the results on the field, but also the culture in the locker room.

He commented on noticing players taking off plays-- thats not a good reflection on any coach or staffer.

I have a feeling they are all gone...and most front office guys are gone too.

sweeping changes

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose