Utah @ ASU football game 11-29-20 canceled

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona State's game with Utah on Sunday is cancelled due to COVID-19 issues.

It will be declared a no contest.

By Jeremy Cluff Arizona Republic:

Ray Anderson, ASU's Vice President for Athletics said in a statement, however, that the team had to invoke the Pac-12's cancellation policy because the team didn't have the minimum number of scholarship players available for the contest because of COVID-19 return-to-play protocols.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-vs-utah-canceled-covid-19-issues/6416557002/

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
How is ASU the only team that's being ravaged by Covid and having to forfeit games? Either everyone else is lying about their tests, or ASU is holding themselves to a much higher standard. I dont get it.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is ASU the only team that's being ravaged by Covid and having to forfeit games? Either everyone else is lying about their tests, or ASU is holding themselves to a much higher standard. I dont get it.

I am not one to believe in conspiracy theories but I believe some programs are underreporting or hiding positives as injuries.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am not one to believe in conspiracy theories but I believe some programs are underreporting or hiding positives as injuries.
I would agree except for the fact that Lawrence sat. If there was ever a player to hide the positive on it would be that guy. I also think it would be near disastrous for a program to be outted if it was discovered they were purposefully disguising positives for players infecting other programs. For the program and the schools.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would agree except for the fact that Lawrence sat. If there was ever a player to hide the positive on it would be that guy. I also think it would be near disastrous for a program to be outted if it was discovered they were purposefully disguising positives for players infecting other programs. For the program and the schools.

Clemson probably felt like they could win without Lawrence but point well taken. I cannot figure out how USC has had nothing that I have heard of. I am thinking more in terms of PAC teams rather than other conferences.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I see USC finally has some cases.