User Mock Drafts & Simulator Results

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Didn't see a centralized thread to post these in, so thought I'd create one. This was my first attempt at one this draft year...

1: R1P1 EDGE NICK BOSA - OHIO STATE
When you have the #1 pick, never a bad idea to pick the best player available.

33: R2P1 TE T.J. HOCKENSON - IOWA
I was honing in on N'Keal Harry, but Hockenson provided too much value at a huge position of need.

65: R3P1 G CHRIS LINDSTROM - BOSTON COLLEGE
Very solid line prospect - and we need a huge overhaul there, obviously

103: R4P1 WR HAKEEM BUTLER - IOWA STATE
I honestly don't know enough about KK's offense to know the ideal WR fit, but Butler is a 6'3 wideout who was extremely productive last year and was the highest rated WR on the board.

140: R5P1 CB SEAN BUNTING - CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Don't know anything about Bunting, but needed a CB and this was about the right value according to the board rankings I was using

176: R6P1 OT MITCH HYATT CLEMSON
Very experienced and decorated offensive tackle for Clemson. Feels like good value in Rd 6.

181: R6P6 LB TRE LAMAR CLEMSON
Felt like I needed a LB here, and he was the highest rated one on the board. Don't know much about him, but a member of the Clemson defense is reassuring.

208: R6P33 WR EMMANUEL HALL - MISSOURI
Another 6'3 receiver (which I have no idea if a scheme fit) - not as productive as Hakeem Butler last year, but has had back-to-back 800 yard receiving seasons.

250: R7P34 LB CAMERON SMITH - USC
Experienced and productive linebacker in the 7th round - I'll take it

251: R7P35 OT ISAIAH PRINCE - OHIO STATE
Like Hyatt, another extremely experienced lineman at a marquee program. I think Lindstrom, Hyatt and Prince would go a really long way to solidifying the line.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Didn't see a centralized thread to post these in, so thought I'd create one. This was my first attempt at one this draft year...

I was honing in on N'Keal Harry, but Hockenson provided too much value at a huge position of need.

I honestly don't know enough about KK's offense to know the ideal WR fit, but Butler is a 6'3 wideout who was extremely productive last year and was the highest rated WR on the board.

Don't know anything about Bunting, but needed a CB and this was about the right value according to the board rankings I was using

Very experienced and decorated offensive tackle for Clemson. Feels like good value in Rd 6.

Felt like I needed a LB here, and he was the highest rated one on the board. Don't know much about him, but a member of the Clemson defense is reassuring.

Another 6'3 receiver (which I have no idea if a scheme fit) - not as productive as Hakeem Butler last year, but has had back-to-back 800 yard receiving seasons.

Like Hyatt, another extremely experienced lineman at a marquee program. I think Lindstrom, Hyatt and Prince would go a really long way to solidifying the line.

Sign me up. I would like another receiver though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1: R1P1
EDGE NICK BOSA - OHIO STATE
Best available player; a foundational defensive player who will shine rushing the passer alongside Jones. He's similar to Jones in that he will be a beast stopping the run as well. I want a small trade down for more picks but this is the pick if the Cardinals stay at #1.

33: R2P1
WR DK METCALF- OLE MISS
The problem with the Cardinals WR corps is that there really isn't a player suited on the outside. Kirk is more of a slot receiver. DK Metcalf is a freak athlete who has produced on the field. He's got elite size, elite speed, and was productive in the best conference in college football. Another great aspect of draft DK is that you get a good cost controlled player for almost 5 years. He is a good value here and should add instant impact to one of the leagues worst offenses.

65: R3P1
G CHRIS LINDSTROM- BOSTON COLLEGE
I almost drafted Lindstrom in round two, but I stayed true to my priorities and he was available. Lindstrom is that technically sound, tough guy who will probably be a 10 year starter. He slides in as a starter on day one.

103: R4P1
WR DEEBO SAMUELS- SOUTH CAROLINA
I don't think Deebo will be available here, but if he is, you HAVE TO TAKE HIM. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. And he has proven he can play pretty much every WR position on the field. Look at his game against National Champion Clemson last year; he was unstoppable. He's pretty much Percy Harvin 2.0, but is a better WR than Harvin was.

140: R5P1
TE JACE STERNBERGER- TEXAS A&M
TE is a position I targeted for the Cardinals, but I'm not a huge believer that you have to draft TEs high. Jace Sternberger was the most productive TE in the country last year and was an All-American. He gives Rosen and KK another threat in the passing game to work with. The reworked offensive skill position group of: Fitz, Kirk, Metcalf, Deebo, DJ, Sternberger, and RSJ has the potential to score a lot of points.

176: R6P1
LB DREW LEWIS- COLORADO
As far as athletes go, Drew Lewis is a tremendous talent. He was productive as a LB at Colorado. The Cardinals have been way to dependent on UDFA scrubs to fill out their LB Corps. Bring in a talented guy who you can mold on a cheap contract.

181: R6P6
CB LONNIE JOHNSON- KENTUCKY
Big physical corner (6'2, 200). More a specimen than a top corner at this point in time. Should help on special teams in year one and fill a 4th/5th CB spot.

208: R6P33
DL RENELL WREN- ARIZONA ST
Lots of buzz about Wren at the Senior Bowl. Another physical specimen. Should be 5 technique for the Cardinals, and his size and build suggests that he would be a fit there.

250: R7P34
CB RYAN PULLEY- ARKANSAS

251: R7P35
OT PAUL ADAMS- MISSOURI
At the end, there was no one left that I had any idea about. I went a bit lighter on OL, but I think the Cardinals already have a few young guys (Cole and Cunningham) to develop, and should go after free agents with a proven track record. When building mocks, one question you have to ask, "will this guy make the team?" When I got deeper in day three, few OL would beat out the likes of Cunningham and Wetzel (if resigned), so I went other directions. I would've liked to add a blocking TE, but my plan in free agency is throw a good contract at Jesse James and be done with it.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Both drafts look good. Getting Chris Lindstrom in the third round would be outstanding. I think he goes late first early second round after watching him in the senior bowl. I'll need to watch more tape of him, but he looks solid.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Hock, Butler or Lindstrom would all be excellent picks at the top of round 2... Absolutely steals after... Butler along with DK have elite height/speed combination at WR... They just need to work on routes and concentration to reach greatness

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bosa is not actually "the best player available." He's what this and other scouting services say is the best available dude.

The actual "best player available" will be the guy who plays the best football, and we won't know who he is until we watch him play next season.

In other words, the draft isn't so much a popularity contest but rather a "skills competition" as seen thru the lense of football people (who, incidentally, could also be wrong).

Maybe between now and Draft Day, Bosa will do an insane thing (like doing a backflip over the crossbar). Till then, I'm not convinced (yet) that he's the absolute best dude.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bosa is not actually "the best player available." He's what this and other scouting services say is the best available dude.

The actual "best player available" will be the guy who plays the best football, and we won't know who he is until we watch him play next season.

In other words, the draft isn't so much a popularity contest but rather a "skills competition" as seen thru the lense of football people (who, incidentally, could also be wrong).

Maybe between now and Draft Day, Bosa will do an insane thing (like doing a backflip over the crossbar). Till then, I'm not convinced (yet) that he's the absolute best dude.
So then we can expect you to contribute to the 2019 draft threads in 2022 when all of the information is in?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So then we can expect you to contribute to the 2019 draft threads in 2022 when all of the information is in?
If I'm still alive and kicking.

My goal is not to "look good" via 20-20"hindsight. I'm just trying to add more reality to a process that (for obvious reasons) tends to be over-analyzed and over-hyped.

OP
OP
gmabel830

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
If I'm still alive and kicking.

My goal is not to "look good" via 20-20"hindsight. I'm just trying to add more reality to a process that (for obvious reasons) tends to be over-analyzed and over-hyped.

I guess I should have said best prospect vs best player... never a bad idea to take the pretty much consensus top prospect with the top pick.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Projected best player available.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1: R1P1
EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE

33: R2P1
WR NKEAL HARRY
ARIZONA STATE

65: R3P1
RB DEVIN SINGLETARY
FLORIDA ATLANTIC

103: R4P1
OT TYREE ST. LOUIS
MIAMI

140: R5P1
TE ALIZE MACK
NOTRE DAME

176: R6P1
CB KEN WEBSTER
MISSISSIPPI

181: R6P6
WR JALEN HURD
BAYLOR

208: R6P33
OT OLI UDOH
ELON

250: R7P34
G ALEX BARS
NOTRE DAME

251: R7P35
G KEATON SUTHERLAND
TEXAS A&M

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this guys, I don't follow college so having these names on a list for me to look up is helpful.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Fanspeak is stupid, drafts are stupid, football is stupid.

That being said, here is my woefully ignorant first draft. Literally threw darts on the last two picks, and screwed up in the 4th or 5th round, but it is what it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
gmabel830

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Fanspeak is stupid, drafts are stupid, football is stupid.

That being said, here is my woefully ignorant first draft. Literally threw darts on the last two picks, and screwed up in the 4th or 5th round, but it is what it is.

Always the optimist!!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harry vs. Samuel:

It's hard to filter out the AZ homerism that makes Harry a popular #33 pick. So...

Anyone want to do a comparison of each guy's pros and cons? Any other WR's we should be paying close attention to?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Harry vs. Samuel:

It's hard to filter out the AZ homerism that makes Harry a popular #33 pick. So...

Anyone want to do a comparison of each guy's pros and cons? Any other WR's we should be paying close attention to?

the good:
excellent size at 6-4, 220 or so. Great hands and outmuscles defenders on 50/50 balls, great at jump balls. Fitz-like in the preceding. Long speed, and pretty good at RAC. Productive in college, especially given his QB wasn't the most accurate passer.

the questions:
Burst off the line and in/out of breaks. Route running is just ok.

40 time will be critical for him. 4.5-ish and better and I think he goes round 1. 4.6 and above and he falls.

I think he will be a good NFL player and Alshon Jeffrey is the player I think is a decent NFL comp to.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
the good:
excellent size at 6-4, 220 or so. Great hands and outmuscles defenders on 50/50 balls, great at jump balls. Fitz-like in the preceding. Long speed, and pretty good at RAC. Productive in college, especially given his QB wasn't the most accurate passer.

the questions:
Burst off the line and in/out of breaks. Route running is just ok.

40 time will be critical for him. 4.5-ish and better and I think he goes round 1. 4.6 and above and he falls.

I think he will be a good NFL player and Alshon Jeffrey is the player I think is a decent NFL comp to.

His 40 time will likely hurt him and will give us the opportunity to draft him. He’s not a burner. We have had two franchise WR’s in the past 15 years and neither were particularly fast

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His 40 time will likely hurt him and will give us the opportunity to draft him. He’s not a burner. We have had two franchise WR’s in the past 15 years and neither were particularly fast
Thanks for info. I think our goal is to have 5 receivers; each of whom bring something unique to the table. i.e. all 5 needn't be franchise wideouts.

If Harry can run under 4.60, he'll give us the big, physical dimension we thought we'd have in Floyd and will be just what the doctor ordered.

Strange thought just occurred to me: If Harry runs slower than,say, 4.65, could we make him a TE?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this offense is going to need fast , quick, and smart wr’s in this offense. If we could add a big te this offense could rock. Who can be our Brandon Cook or Tyreek Hill? Who can be our Robert Woods? Cooper Kupp? We really lack impact players at Wr. We need to add one in free agency and another in the draft.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info. I think our goal is to have 5 receivers; each of whom bring something unique to the table. i.e. all 5 needn't be franchise wideouts.

If Harry can run under 4.60, he'll give us the big, physical dimension we thought we'd have in Floyd and will be just what the doctor ordered.

Strange thought just occurred to me: If Harry runs slower than,say, 4.65, could we make him a TE?
From everything I’ve read there are too many good TE to be messing with trying to covert Harry into one.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I think this offense is going to need fast , quick, and smart wr’s in this offense. If we could add a big te this offense could rock. Who can be our Brandon Cook or Tyreek Hill? Who can be our Robert Woods? Cooper Kupp? We really lack impact players at Wr. We need to add one in free agency and another in the draft.

From what I read, and it is not much, so take it for what it is worth. The offense needs a big, physical, jump ball type.

I do not think Fitzgerald can do that anymore, I think he is going to be in the slot, with Kirk playing outside of him.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry vs. Samuel:

Really good site for NFL Draft player profiles.

N'Keal Harry - https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/10/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-nkeal-harry/

Deebo Samuel - https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/19/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-deebo-samuel/

Other WR to look at.

Andy Isabella - https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/06/28/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-database/4/

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside - https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/30/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-j-j-arcega-whiteside/

Hakeem Butler - https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/28/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-hakeem-butler/