Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Crow might have an about face when he wakes up to realize that his only options are the Big-12, the rotting corpse of the Pac-XX or the MWC.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's crazy that schools like Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland will be making close to $100M a year while the Pac 12 and Big 12 schools will be lucky to get over $30M.

How long before the Big 10 and SEC force out their Vanderbilts or force an unequal revenue share in their conferences?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don’t force out teams that represent “easy” wins because the time is coming where FCS teams will no longer play the teams in the super conferences. I’m not saying it can’t happen I just don’t believe it will happen

It’s possible they could go to unequal revenue sharing but my guess is it would still be financially advantageous for the Vanderbilts of the world to take it

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It's crazy that schools like Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland will be making close to $100M a year while the Pac 12 and Big 12 schools will be lucky to get over $30M.

How long before the Big 10 and SEC force out their Vanderbilts or force an unequal revenue share in their conferences?
Vandy has the best baseball program in the SEC and is arguably the best academic institution in the conference. I cant see a situation in which Vandy is purged.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vandy has the best baseball program in the SEC and is arguably the best academic institution in the conference. I cant see a situation in which Vandy is purged.
Plus it is in Nashville, the heart of SEC Country, major hub and destination.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

This is all about football. A university's baseball program has zero bearing on realignment. I'm not saying they'll get kicked out, but they are freeloading in football which drives 90% of realignment.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Football is driving reassignment for sure but the SEC has dumped a piss ton of money into baseball. Vanderbilt is safe because they are beatable in football and always have good baseball and even decent basketball

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationsrj