USC/UCLA leaving Pac12 for Big10?

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
If anyone could do it, it's Stanford. They have the richest alum base and largest endowment of any university in the country that participates in major college sports, and by a wide margin at that. They won't miss a year or two of TV money.
Stanford can, we can't. We are closer to WSU/OSU than we are to Stanford.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Notre Dame really seems to want "Calford" in the ACC, but they don't have interest themselves?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The B1G conference schedule is out. UW and UO have “protected rivalries” with each other, but not with the LA schools. Some of those schedules look brutal. I am sad that ASU is being left behind, in a sense, but there will be some great games to watch next year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The B1G conference schedule is out. UW and UO have “protected rivalries” with each other, but not with the LA schools. Some of those schedules look brutal. I am sad that ASU is being left behind, in a sense, but there will be some great games to watch next year.

ASU is basically just Boise State without a really good run in its recent history.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Get ready for the next round.

Florida St is petitioning to leave the ACC and will pay around $130m to do so. I wonder, if successful, where they will land. Do they already have a landing spot agreed to?

This means at least one more tan will make a jump somewhere you think

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Florida St is petitioning to leave the ACC and will pay around $130m to do so. I wonder, if successful, where they will land. Do they already have a landing spot agreed to?

I bet SEC.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And to think they turned down the SEC in the early 90s thanks to Bobby Bowden.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It will be interesting to see where the settlement falls, but the actual exit cost according to the GOR (Grant of Rights) is reportedly well north of a half-billion dollars. This includes the $130 million fee and the forfeiture of revenues from whichever conference the school ends up in. FSU disagrees with whether the GOR is binding, and the two parties will now fight it out in the courts.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson