USC @ Arizona State 12:30 Saturday; ABC

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aiyuk almost took it all the way on the kickoff.

Ball is at USC 3 yard line.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that we have gone from Todd Graham who gambled too much in trying to put pressure on the quarterback to Danny Gonzalez here who doesn't even try to put any pressure on the quarterback

Not sure which approach I hate most but not really liking Gonzales here has he makes it too easy on opposing quarterbacks

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Cardinals can lend Suggs back to ASU to generate a pass rush.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that we have gone from Todd Graham who gambled too much in trying to put pressure on the quarterback to Danny Gonzalez here who doesn't even try to put any pressure on the quarterback

Not sure which approach I hate most but not really liking Gonzales here has he makes it too easy on opposing quarterbacks

A team cannot win without putting pressure on the quarterback.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like he's trying now but there's already fourteen points on the board against us

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
ASU is terrible. We need new coaches yet again.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Devils offense looks like kickoff returns by Aiyuk.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there it goes. A 95 yard touchdown for SC.

Slovis 297 yards passing in 1st quarter.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Horrible defensive back play on that last touchdown her safety doesn't have a clue what he's doing there or both of those safeties

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really that bad.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not too late to reconsider your position.

At what point do you hold the players accountable too? Face it, this team is so young crap goes wrong. Yes some of it is coaching but some of it is crappy execution by the players. Case in point the 95 yard TD .

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will say this about Yellen he does have a very strong arm and has made some excellent passes that first one of the game hit Ayuk in the numbers and he just dropped it

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At what point do you hold the players accountable too? Face it, this team is so young crap goes wrong. Yes some of it is coaching but some of it is crappy execution by the players. Case in point the 95 yard TD .
317 yards to 1 in a quarter is a screaming coaching issue. And this isn’t first such slanted game this season. Early season success and rankings were 100% fools gold. One more season for this experiment and then I’m off the mind “welp that didn’t work like I thought it wouldn’t.”

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
317 yards to 1 in a quarter is a screaming coaching issue. And this isn’t first such slanted game this season. Early season success and rankings were 100% fools gold. One more season for this experiment and then I’m off the mind “welp that didn’t work like I thought it wouldn’t.”

Agree.

Herm coaches like it's 1990... and he is coaching the Jets. Lots of shopworn platitudes and simplistic sound bites. But the team never seems to come out ready to play, makes a ton of mental errors, and then spends most of the rest of the game playing catch up (if they aren't getting boat raced) thanks to the hyper-conservative philosophies.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Agree on the point of one more season to see where they go. Two long TDs were scored on a horrible player decision to strip the ball vs tackle and a horribly played 95 yard TD on an amazing throw. While coaching has it's role in this destruction the players aren't doing their jobs either.

I get what you are saying, though.