USATODAY: MLS expansion update: Phoenix boost and St. Louis setback

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...phoenix-boost-and-st-louis-setback/102119200/

The Phoenix bid got a boost earlier this month with a visit from MLS Deputy Commissioner Mark Abbott. The city is home to the USL side Phoenix Rising FC, which already has a soccer complex that could be expanded — using private financing, again — to big-league standards.

The bid got its own star power with the addition of Didier Drogba as both a player and an investor. Attendance figures have risen this season, another good sign.

Nothing new but this update is from a national source. Nothing but positive news coming out of Arizona!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
By now, I think it's almost a foregone conclusion that Phoenix will become one of the next two expansion teams.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may finally start watching MLS along with the Premier League if it does happen.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I may finally start watching MLS along with the Premier League if it does happen.
I've been watching EPL for a couple of years.. fun to wake up in the morning with sports on. Not a current MLS fan, but will be if we move up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
By now, I think it's almost a foregone conclusion that Phoenix will become one of the next two expansion teams.

When is that supposed to be announced?

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They have major sport teams leaving and wanting to leave and yet they think they can get a MLS team and have it stick around? Why even try?
Because they have Landon Donovan in their corner. He won't give up easily.