USA Today: 'Whiz' brings new hope that Cardinals can finally gel

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I think Ken is the real deal. This time I hope the fans don't turn on these coaches in three years and look to the real rat.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found the Graves quote the Matt needed to put on some armour interesting. I wonder if Matt upon reading that might think to himself "how about putting up a good Offensive Line so that I don't hit the ground on my shoulders so often Rod?"

He didn't hit the ground often. He's underdeveloped physically and soft.

And if you read the AZ Rep., Matt's shoulder still wasn't healed last week.

PrescottLooie

Registered
Reaction score
Mulli, I do read the Republic and I don't recall seeing that.
When did it appear ?

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Denny Green said the same thing in 2004. However it turned out that "coach 'em up" really meant "run 'em off".
I think DG came through for us Cards fans in regards to getting talent on this team. Coaching them up was something DG failed at right along with previous coaches. If Whiz is the X's and O's coach we all think he is I'm hoping it is good enought to get us 9 wins this coming up season.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I think DG came through for us Cards fans in regards to getting talent on this team. Coaching them up was something DG failed at right along with previous coaches. If Whiz is the X's and O's coach we all think he is I'm hoping it is good enought to get us 9 wins this coming up season.

I agree and I expect Whiz to be good at both spotting talent that improves a team and in x and o's on game day.

Man I hope so I don't want to live through another mistake but I really don't think he is I think he's the real deal and that we'll improve nicely our first year under him.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
OK Skkorp, when did you read that about Matt not being healed yet ?

FWIW--

about six weeks ago, Leinart had a special "Matt Leinart Show" on the radio --

on his show he noted that his shoulder still hurt a bit, and that he thought it would be a few more weeks until he was pain free

he didnt seem concerned about it and said there was no question he would be ready for minicamps, etc

1usctrojan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not true. He didn't get hurt when Mark Anderson blasted him in the Bear's game. He missed a total of one game last year, the meaningless game against the Chargers.

He didn't miss a college game due to injury. His first NFL game (pre-season) against the Patriots, three defensive players could not bring him down....Tom Brady said that he was one "tough, strong guy". Matt's biggest adjustment in the NFL is that he played behind a better o-line in high school and college than he has at the next level. He'll adjust.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Wow Rod, how about not getting Matt killed instead of saying he needs to get imore 'body armor'. I really think RG is mental. In a sense he is saying that Matt needs more muscle to keep him from getting injured because he knows the OL line will be getting him sacked and slammed.

I believe Matt was hurt in college also, and he had a pretty good offensive line. The point may be that he does very little weight-training and in todays game you have to be in top shape to takethe pounding. Most quarterbacks are hit on almost every throwing play, jus after they have thrown the ball. So good line or bad, you're going to take a lot of hits.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose