USA Basketball loses badly to Puerto Rico!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dude isn't Puerto Rico part of the U.S.? Why do they have their own Olympic team?

Anyway. They should get rid of the Dream teams and have the NCAA or NBA Champion play in the Olympics.

BleedingPurple

Suffering Fan
Reaction score
Add one part ego, one part arrogance, and many parts youth and you realize that Michael & Charles retired years ago.

Puerto Rico is a US Territory and not actually part of the US - they are semi-sovereign. I guess they should have a semi-team. But they don't. They just have players with heart, who don't make millions while thinking the world owes them a living.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyway. They should get rid of the Dream teams and have the NCAA or NBA Champion play in the Olympics

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Anyway. They should get rid of the Dream teams and have the NCAA or NBA Champion play in the Olympics

But then what if the best players on those teams are foreigners?

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Hmmm, I didn't consider that.

I think they should have tryouts and if the NBA players want to show up they can tryout like everyone else. At least that way we know the players that are there want to be there and are motavated. Also the coach gets to pick the players that will fit his system the best.

This whole selection committee thing is BS and has to go. There was only one "Dream Team" IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson