Upload (Amazon Prime)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The wife and I binged through this in about a week. Pretty interesting and fun. Likable characters with a unique and interesting plot. Nice mix of light moments and some pretty dark and serious. Takes a couple eps to get rolling, but they're short episodes and it goes by fast.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bland knock-off of The Good Place, IMO. Couldn't get into either of the leads at all.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
While I’m not a fan of the leads (like cheese) I’ve been entertained. That said I’ll be shocked if it carries my attention as I actual dislike the main characters. They’re not endearing. I’d be okay if they got dead dead.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife and I felt it was a knock off of the Good Place (which we loved) but we are entertained by it. We like a couple of the characters and we are in for Season 2 (if there is one).

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen The Good Place. Was that network or ?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

NBC. Every character was dynamite, the writing was genius, laugh out loud funny and ultimately had a great message to go with it. Think season 3 wasn't quite as strong as 1 and 2 but it finished with a flourish.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBC. Every character was dynamite, the writing was genius, laugh out loud funny and ultimately had a great message to go with it. Think season 3 wasn't quite as strong as 1 and 2 but it finished with a flourish.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it. :thumbup:

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I enjoyed this. I agree it has a Good Place feel. It’s also Interesting that both shows come from “The Office” US creative team.

The Good Place had Ted and Upload can’t compete with that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it’s a must watch. It’s really funny. Often slips into stupid humor, but it works. By the end of the show they did an amazing job of developing the characters to such an extent I felt like I was losing friends. I think it gets off a bit slow, but once you catch it’s cadence I think it’s been one of the best shows in recent years. Particularly as it cuts against the grain of gritty, dark, or downright despicable characters and scenarios that seems so pervasive in entertainment right now. It’s a light in a sea of darkness.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I continue to watch this. I still don’t like the actors or the characters. Shoot, I don’t even care about the mystery angle at all. But they throw in something just clever enough with the vehicle each episode to allow me to continue watching.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s a must watch. It’s really funny. Often slips into stupid humor, but it works. By the end of the show they did an amazing job of developing the characters to such an extent I felt like I was losing friends. I think it gets off a bit slow, but once you catch it’s cadence I think it’s been one of the best shows in recent years. Particularly as it cuts against the grain of gritty, dark, or downright despicable characters and scenarios that seems so pervasive in entertainment right now. It’s a light in a sea of darkness.

:thumbup:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Yep, apparently I'm really good at dumping shows just before they get really good. The Good Place just wasn't gaining enough traction with me at the time, and I was watching a gazillion shows, so I fell off.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For me it's not that it was the greatest show or anything. To be it was something new and refreshing. Something different than what has been on TV as of late. We loved the characters for sure and there were simply some hilarious episodes. I agree it got off to a slow start but loved the messaging of the show as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For me it's not that it was the greatest show or anything. To be it was something new and refreshing. Something different than what has been on TV as of late. We loved the characters for sure and there were simply some hilarious episodes. I agree it got off to a slow start but loved the messaging of the show as well.
Not my favorite show, but definitely worthy of including in a discussion of The Office and Parks and Rec, no question. And outside of season 1, I think Parks & Rec is a damn near perfect show.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just finished it the other day. It's pretty good. Tacky CGI but a fun watch. Look forward on seeing the next season.