Update on Sunday Ticket Online Only

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

Has very specific locations you can live and be eligible for it, no more of them just asking if you can get Directv or not.

My old apartment address is eligible, my current home address is not. It's $199 if you want online only and are eligible.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Note, I checked, you can't get Sunday Max for less than 6 months so it's about 330 bucks. It's 199 for online only so substantial difference if you don't qualify.

No idea how they stop you from using a relatives address that qualifies and then paying it yourself but I assume they try to.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really need it. Cards home and away games are always on TV, plus we get a Thursday and Monday night game.

Might be a must if you a a fantasy addict.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really need it. Cards home and away games are always on TV, plus we get a Thursday and Monday night game.

Might be a must if you a a fantasy addict.

Right but living where I do I think I will need something 12 times to see games.

If I'm counting right there are 4 or 5 games only that are guaranteed to be on national so I can watch them.

Not worth 330 bucks for 11 or 12 games but I may end up just paying it anyways.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Note, I checked, you can't get Sunday Max for less than 6 months so it's about 330 bucks. It's 199 for online only so substantial difference if you don't qualify.

No idea how they stop you from using a relatives address that qualifies and then paying it yourself but I assume they try to.

Your IP is attached to a physical address.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I got it and the new Madden for $100 last year, I think I'll pass unless they have a similar deal this year. The quality and downtime wasn't ready for prime-time. I'd have lost my mind if I'd paid $200 and it didn't work as may times as it did the first month of the season.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it and the new Madden for $100 last year, I think I'll pass unless they have a similar deal this year. The quality and downtime wasn't ready for prime-time. I'd have lost my mind if I'd paid $200 and it didn't work as may times as it did the first month of the season.

Mine worked great last year with the Madden thing, a few down cycles yes but overall much better than the illegal sites full of viruses etc.

Even though I think it's a total ripoff, I'm not particularly interested in lying about my billing address just to get it, if I'm going to do that I might as well just use the illegal sites for free.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
So, f'd up that if you can get DirecTV you cannot get the NFL ticket online.

I understand why but it is monopoly bullcrap.

The ONLY reason I keep DirecTV is for the Sunday ticket.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can but it's Max which costs much more.

What I think sucks is they force you to get Max for at least 6 months when the NFL season is such that you could get by with 3 or 4 months and make it far more affordable. They make you pay for at least 2 months of Sunday ticket where there are no real games.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The thing I don't get it is, you should be able to say to them, "my lease or covenant doesn't permit satellite dishes", regardless of your geographic area. They really have no way of determining if that's true. Oh, well.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing I don't get it is, you should be able to say to them, "my lease or covenant doesn't permit satellite dishes", regardless of your geographic area. They really have no way of determining if that's true. Oh, well.

They apparently have a list you type in your address and it says yay or nay. Apparently multi tenant dwellings(apartments) are all allowed by them, houses aren't unless you can prove for some reason you can't get Dtv. I can't prove that so my address gets a nay.

On the site it says places like San Francisco and a couple of other cities, and several college campuses are allowed to get it. Apparently it's hard to get good DTV reception in SF, no idea if that's true.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You can but it's Max which costs much more.

What I think sucks is they force you to get Max for at least 6 months when the NFL season is such that you could get by with 3 or 4 months and make it far more affordable. They make you pay for at least 2 months of Sunday ticket where there are no real games.

Really.

Cause I would be saving A LOT of money.

What do you watch the games through ? Your computer ?

How well does it stream ? Is it choppy ? Does it drop out here and there ?

How many questions can you handle at a time ?

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really.

Max is both the online AND the tv version so you don't save a thing.

I had good reception last year, I have fast cable like 50 MB fast so that may have helped. The one issue I had was a few times it would drop out and it was a pain to reconnect. If you just hit back because the screen froze, when you tried to go to the game again it would say you're already logged in and can't be logged in 2 places at once. So you'd have to log out and back in.

What I did was use my GF's laptop and then connect it to my tv with an HDMI cable. worked quite well.

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
Really.

I've been using the mobile and web clients for about 3 years now (My brother buys the ticket and I just use his login to stream.)

Usually the first weekend is a cluster with high latency most likely because their bandwidth doesn't satisfy demand.

Other than that it's usually good quality even streaming on mobile. I don't have TV at all so the only downside is that you don't get Thursday/Sunday/Monday night games.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Me too, I cant ditch them no matter what deal comes along. Doesn't look as if that'll change anytime soon either.