Update on Cardinals jersey # changes

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I know Andy Lee has #4, but Rondale Moore needs a better # than 85. Just looks odd on his body type. First thought was Isabella's rookie year in 89. *shudders*
25 for an ILB? He and Simmons in 25 and 48 will mess with my brain. I hate the new numbering allowances.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I know Andy Lee has #4, but Rondale Moore needs a better # than 85. Just looks odd on his body type. First thought was Isabella's rookie year in 89. *shudders*

Heck no, I like seeing a traditional 80 # on a WR and my only gripe is that it's not number 81 which should be reserved for greatness with this franchise and Moore will be great :cards:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I try not to be the old man yelling at the clouds with most change, but football numbering is somewhat sacred to me. For teams with which I’m less familiar I may not know if they have a LB in the box or a safety if they’re wearing 25. So it will literally interfere with my viewing analysis and thus enjoyment.

for instance, I’ve gotten used to 11 for Fitz, but I never really liked it. Yes it’s become iconic for him, but every receiver I see in the teens is just meh for me.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I try not to be the old man yelling at the clouds with most change, but football numbering is somewhat sacred to me. For teams with which I’m less familiar I may not know if they have a LB in the box or a safety if they’re wearing 25. So it will literally interfere with my viewing analysis and thus enjoyment.

for instance, I’ve gotten used to 11 for Fitz, but I never really liked it. Yes it’s become iconic for him, but every receiver I see in the teens is just meh for me.
I used to feel this way but I’m digging the change now

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I feel like others on here that will get messed up by not seeing the conventional numbers for positions. However, one thing to consider. Let's say an Isaiah Simmons wears #7 in college (I know he wore #11) then he comes to the NFL & is allowed to wear his college #, it will make that player more recognizable at least if he gets his college number. It took a bit for me to fathom him wearing #48 but we knew he wasn't getting #11 lol. Rules wouldn't allow that last year anyway.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I feel like others on here that will get messed up by not seeing the conventional numbers for positions. However, one thing to consider. Let's say an Isaiah Simmons wears #7 in college (I know he wore #11) then he comes to the NFL & is allowed to wear his college #, it will make that player more recognizable at least if he gets his college number. It took a bit for me to fathom him wearing #48 but we knew he wasn't getting #11 lol. Rules wouldn't allow that last year anyway.
So, if & when Fitz retires, do the Cardinals automatically retire #11?. Or do they give it to Simmons to continue the legacy?

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
FWIW - rumor has it that Rondale Moore actually wanted #14, but it's currently being worn by JoJo Ward. The same JoJo Ward who had #10 this time last year and gave it up for DHop.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So, if & when Fitz retires, do the Cardinals automatically retire #11?. Or do they give it to Simmons to continue the legacy?

Retire for sure

That’s gotta be an automatic retire.

no question

Retire it. No question about it.

Agreed.

Ring of Honor ceremony should be week one of the next NFL season as well. Then comes the statue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose