Update on Cardinals jersey # changes

PACardsFan

Reaction score
I feel like others on here that will get messed up by not seeing the conventional numbers for positions. However, one thing to consider. Let's say an Isaiah Simmons wears #7 in college (I know he wore #11) then he comes to the NFL & is allowed to wear his college #, it will make that player more recognizable at least if he gets his college number. It took a bit for me to fathom him wearing #48 but we knew he wasn't getting #11 lol. Rules wouldn't allow that last year anyway.
So, if & when Fitz retires, do the Cardinals automatically retire #11?. Or do they give it to Simmons to continue the legacy?

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW - rumor has it that Rondale Moore actually wanted #14, but it's currently being worn by JoJo Ward. The same JoJo Ward who had #10 this time last year and gave it up for DHop.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So, if & when Fitz retires, do the Cardinals automatically retire #11?. Or do they give it to Simmons to continue the legacy?

Retire for sure

That’s gotta be an automatic retire.

no question

Retire it. No question about it.

Agreed.

Ring of Honor ceremony should be week one of the next NFL season as well. Then comes the statue.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Absofreakinglutely without question & hesitation!!!

I never thought this franchise would have a greater or more iconic player than Larry Wilson, but they had that in Larry Legend. I’m sure old #8 would even agree from heaven above :mrgreen: