UofA vs NAU

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cats beat NAU but not convincingly, 76-69. The UofA was up 16 in the 2nd half and then the Lumberjacks made a charge and cut it to three. Luckily Arizona has Chase Budinger, who showed even though he is a sophomore, plays more like a senior.

Right now the Cats are not a top-25 team. This is probably Lute's youngest team ever, starting two freshmen, two sophomores and one senior. I think this team has a lot of potential. They have a lot of talent, they just need to gell as a team.

By the way, that Nathan Geiser is a very good player. NAU should contend for the Big Sky title again this year. They have a very good coach.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much the home cooking refs helped - problably gave UofA the win, again. 27-17 disparity in fouls...

The 19 extra free throws U of A shot were the difference in the game.

Neutral refs, NAU wins.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder how much the home cooking refs helped - problably gave UofA the win, again. 27-17 disparity in fouls...

Neutral refs, NAU wins.

The Cats were faster than NAU and the Lumberjacks were reaching and grabbing while on defense. There actually could of been more calls on them. Of course there were some bad calls, but they went both ways.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cats were faster than NAU and the Lumberjacks were reaching and grabbing while on defense. There actually could of been more calls on them. Of course there were some bad calls, but they went both ways.

With only seventeen fouls on Arizona, there couldn't have been too many bad calls on U of A...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Neutral refs, NAU wins.

That's just sour grapes. You don't honestly believe that NAU is better than UofA, do you?

NAU is a good team, but being a good team in the Big Sky Conference is a lot different than a good team in the Pac-10.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
DBack Jon is an Illinois fan. Their entire fan base honestly believes they haven't lost a game legitimately since the Clinton Administration. His fandom spread to Not A University and this whining is the result.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Too close for my liking, didn't see much since I was watching the Suns and switchin over during half/commercials

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kansas plays both of them back to back. Should be an interesting couple of games. Heard that the UofA D was looking lazy, but then I think all big school teams have trouble on D early in the season. Hopefully for UofA it's not something that drags through the whole season like last year.

Kansas will be without Collins and most likely Rush as well so we're definitely in a position to be picked off.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Neutral refs, NAU wins.
:)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Neutral refs, NAU wins.

That's actually a BAD sign for UA. One of the things we learned last year was that the really low foul totals on UA was intentional because of no depth, and basically a result of not playing defense. They were so concerned about foul trouble they just let people score.

This year they have a bit more depth so you would expect more fouls or else they're still letting people score.

UA always draws a lot of fouls the way they attack on offense, it was the low number of fouls they committed last year that really tipped off how weak the defense was. Sounds like NAU pushed them around inside, not good news in the Pac 10 with Love, Gibson, the Lopez twins etc. They're going to have to tighten that up.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DBack Jon is an Illinois fan. Their entire fan base honestly believes they haven't lost a game legitimately since the Clinton Administration. His fandom spread to Not A University and this whining is the result.

:rolleyes:

No one out whines the U of A, even when the whiner in chief Olson is on a LOA....

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lame Mao. Even if Jon was "whining" he didn't degrade U of A. Sorry if we NAU alums don't like to act like a bunch of ASU and U of A fans going at each other.

Last edited:

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
Man I would love to see Cason in a Cardinals jersey..It would be Awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA