UofA picked to come in fourth

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laval Lucas-Perry has decided to transfer per the Tucson Citizen. Too bad, this kid is going to be a terrific player for somebody starting next December but I can understand the playing time situation with Bayless staying 2, Jennings/Gaddy being committed, and Wise finally becoming a player. I wanted him to be the Jason Terry (who came off the bench his first three years) of this decade but it is what it is.

Now these things are usually already done deals before the transfer is announced, but there are two groups of fans on this board whose teams need to upgrade their talent at point guard - ASU and Illinois. Have no clue whether or not these schools have interest or if where LLP is going has been decided, but he's going to be a very good college player.

Don't forget that if not for the situation at Michigan LLP and Alex Legion might have both been there in the first place. They were in Michigan along with Corperryale Harris, all guards, and all leaning or committed to Michigan. Then Amaker's job status became a question and they all started wavering and only Harris wound up at Michigane. And now the other 2 are transferring probably in part because they're homesick?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Laval Lucas-Perry has decided to transfer per the Tucson Citizen. Too bad, this kid is going to be a terrific player for somebody starting next December but I can understand the playing time situation with Bayless staying 2, Jennings/Gaddy being committed, and Wise finally becoming a player. I wanted him to be the Jason Terry (who came off the bench his first three years) of this decade but it is what it is.

Now these things are usually already done deals before the transfer is announced, but there are two groups of fans on this board whose teams need to upgrade their talent at point guard - ASU and Illinois. Have no clue whether or not these schools have interest or if where LLP is going has been decided, but he's going to be a very good college player.

I doubt ASU would be interested b/c he would have to sit out two years. I think he will end up in the Big 10.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I doubt ASU would be interested b/c he would have to sit out two years. I think he will end up in the Big 10.
Is that rule still in effect? I though they had gotten rid of it.

Not that it matters, he's already come out and said he won't be attending another Pac-10 school. Somewhere in the midwest seems the most likely. I'll follow his career no matter what though, as I said earlier he's going to be a very good player for whoever picks him up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that rule still in effect? I though they had gotten rid of it.

Not that it matters, he's already come out and said he won't be attending another Pac-10 school. Somewhere in the midwest seems the most likely. I'll follow his career no matter what though, as I said earlier he's going to be a very good player for whoever picks him up.

I think the rule is gone, UW has a kid this year who transferred from Stanford, Tim Morris, and he only sat out one year.