UofA Hoops 2021-2022 - Ushering In the Tommy Lloyd Era

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is weird I don't really know what to make of it. Either Mathurin has his hands out and doesn't realize what he's doing, or that smirk on his face indicates he does know what he's doing. TCU cheerleader after the game. She doesn't react at all

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Talk about mountains and molehills. People need to let this go. Absurd to think that he tried to grope a cheerleader.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
TCU probably should’ve won that game but Arizona survived. I live in Texas so I’ve gotten to watch TCU. Scrappy group of kids. They gave it their all. Zona didn’t play great and still found a way to win.

I don’t mind not fouling but Mathurin just hit a ridiculously tough 3. Easy to say in hindsight. Houston is a tough matchup but Zona just needs to play to their strengths and REBOUND. Houston crashes the offensive glass.
TCU was a nice primer to Houston. They play in mud and are efficient on defense, much like the 2014 cats. Will be an interesting game for sure.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I don't think he actually touched her, but they were acting all sorts of foolish for a 1 seed in front of a mostly home crowd

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I don't think he actually touched her, but they were acting all sorts of foolish for a 1 seed in front of a mostly home crowd
The TCU fans were talking all sorts of **** towards the players all night. The TCU players were flexing and doing all sorts of shennanigans after dunks and fouls. I dont blame the players for wanting the last laugh. One team is playing next week, the other is worried about losing with dignity.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That’s bizarre - But not sure he actually touched either one I think it’s more of a camera angle thing
I agree. He DEFINITELY didn't touch the 2nd one, and I think the angle makes it look like he did to the first.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The TCU fans were talking all sorts of **** towards the players all night. The TCU players were flexing and doing all sorts of shennanigans after dunks and fouls. I dont blame the players for wanting the last laugh. One team is playing next week, the other is worried about losing with dignity.
We were doing it too -- it's March Madness. There are two extremes, did you see the clip of that one dude who got a T for hanging on the rim in another game, and he wasn't even hanging on the rim that long? One of the TCU guys did a lot worse than that and he was never called.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s bizarre - But not sure he actually touched either one I think it’s more of a camera angle thing

They allegedly have slo mo that says he did touch but she doesn't react at all.

The TCU fans are making a big deal of it online I suspect he had no idea what happened and the smirk was to the crowd but it's a little odd.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were doing it too -- it's March Madness. There are two extremes, did you see the clip of that one dude who got a T for hanging on the rim in another game, and he wasn't even hanging on the rim that long? One of the TCU guys did a lot worse than that and he was never called.

Yeah that was ridiculous he did a shimmy while hanging onto the rim definitely should have been a T.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also on the no call at the end of Regulation it looks like Miles actually dribbles the ball in the backcourt before the contact that has him fall into the backcourt so the refs could have called backcourt there and didn't.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess this is the one TCU fans are saying in slo mo he actually touches.

It does look like he does but it also looks like he's not looking at her as he does it he's looking past her and down.

Just overall weird

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
There's a rumor going around that after the Illinois player got T'd up that refs were told not to do that the rest of the tournament unless it's completely egregious.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a rumor going around that after the Illinois player got T'd up that refs were told not to do that the rest of the tournament unless it's completely egregious.
Great - so Illinois gets screwed, but the rest are fine

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think dribbling away from the basket with 3 seconds left helped his cause for the foul. There was contact by Terry but he sold it pretty good. The refs completely swallowed their whistles down the stretch. Mathurin got fouled pretty hard on the dunk to tie it.

Houston is a rich man’s TCU and only 3 Arizona players accepted the challenge physically. Kenpom has Houston favored.

Every AZ fan knew Kerr was going to give them a coronary in the tourney.
Yeah that cougars team is going to be hella difficult out. Other players have to play better (looking at you tubelis and terry). That span of three straight missed Kerr 3 point attempts was painful.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I guess this is the one TCU fans are saying in slo mo he actually touches.

It does look like he does but it also looks like he's not looking at her as he does it he's looking past her and down.

Just overall weird
Watching the replay a few times I actually think he did it on purpose. She blinks when he does it. But that’s virtually impossible to prove it’s deliberate.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Actually I was just looking at it and it looks like, he did touch her, but not on the breast, it looks like his finger got hooked on the fabric between her breasts, it looks like the fabric moves. Not a great look if that is the case.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the replay a few times I actually think he did it on purpose. She blinks when he does it. But that’s virtually impossible to prove it’s deliberate.

hard to say he's not looking at her which is why I'm hesitant to just assume it was intentional. Just weird.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
No one from either school thinks it’s an issue.

Move on.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Boy I’m unsure who played worse tonight, koloko, tubelis, ballo . . .

This was two straight games where teams showed tubelis could not only be completely neutralized by athleticism, but becomes an absolutely liability on the court. And for such a big front line the cats get whupped on offensive boards last two games seemingly significantly.

Mathurin seemed completely out of it and bewildered by the defensive intensity to start the game.

This team dramatically needed someone with superior speed and ballhandling to put the defense on their heels.

Nice season, but came up short again as a top seed. Bummer.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Woefully unprepared for their level of defense. Probably wouldn’t have mattered with this roster. Totally shook the whole game except DT

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose